• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro stopped working...

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this morning Acrobat Pro just stopped working properly.  One minute Im working on a file, next it wouldnt open it properly - the UI was all different - and now there really is no UI its just a blank box with the close window icons see attache dimage.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times with PC restarts etc.

I installed a patch AcrobatDCx64Upd2300620360.msp

which did nothing.

Running upto date Win 10.  Desktop version of Creative Cloud.

InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop all work normally.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Im replying to myself here because there is no support on Adobe products.  As good as 'community' help maybe it has been totally unhelpful on this issue.  There does not seem to tbe any support by Adobe staff which is very disappointing.

Tthe issue with Acrobat got worse over a period of many months. 

Odd error messages like Acrobat closed unexpectedly when it hadn't. Unexpected Internal errors, and maybe a few more.

Although I can't be absolutely certain its caused by CANVA only,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davidm90055481 

I've moved your post to the Acrobat forum.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any help on this...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Im replying to myself here because there is no support on Adobe products.  As good as 'community' help maybe it has been totally unhelpful on this issue.  There does not seem to tbe any support by Adobe staff which is very disappointing.

Tthe issue with Acrobat got worse over a period of many months. 

Odd error messages like Acrobat closed unexpectedly when it hadn't. Unexpected Internal errors, and maybe a few more.

Although I can't be absolutely certain its caused by CANVA only,  I am fairly sure that the preferences were being over written when opening files created by CANVA.  I know for a fact that the colour profile settings were being changed. I only found this out when working on clients files, getting them to proof it and they mentioned the colour had changed. Trying to figure out what was going on I noticed that colour management preferences had changed and when I change them back opening a canvas file would change them back again.  CANVA has some explaining to do maybe.

Acrobat was at least functioning... until very recently the user interface because totally dysfunctional.  Opening a file directly resulted in an internal error message.  Opening Acrobat left me with a blank window.

I got in touch with an Acrobat representative via Twitter now known as X. They suggested I delete the preferences folder.  This I did with absolutely no change. The issue was exactly the same.

The suggestion however prompted me to go hunting for old Acrobat files.

I uninstalled Acrobat, cleared the registry with CCleaner, restarted the computer.  Cleared registry again.

Then I went hunting for Acrobat files on my hard drive.  There were still many files in all kinds of places.  I deleted them all and anything that vaguely looked like it was related.

Clear the registry again, restart, clear the registry again.

Reinstalled Acrobat.

The problem is now fixed

All the little error messages have now stopped as well.  It's early days I have no idea if this is going to last but right now it's running extremely well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also add that the first thing I did was create a new Admin user on my Win 10 PC.  In this account Acrobat was working fine  (hence the suggestion by Adobe on X to remove preferences files).  This told me that the issue was not with the Acrobat install or my PC per se but files to do with Acrobat and Windows user account.  Oddly the ICONs in the interface was all low resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PROBLEM SOLVED.

By @davidm90055481

Thank you for letting us know your fix @davidm90055481 ; it will be helpful to others! I've marked your answer "correct" for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines