• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Spezielle Community für Japanischsprachige
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Spezielle Community für Koreanischsprachige
Beenden

Acrobat Pro X combine context menu is present, it's just blank.

Community-Einsteiger ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Link in Zwischenablage kopieren

Kopiert

The right-click context menu to combine files was available two days ago at the latest.  When I tried to use it today, the placeholder is there, but there is no text.  The entry still functions as intended, it's just annoying.  See the pic.

Any thoughts? <edit> I've done an uninstall/reinstall, manually registered the .dll, and done inverted jumping jacks, all to no avail.

Wherediditgo.png

THEMEN
Update installieren und Acrobat abonnieren

Zugriffe

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines

correct answers 1 richtige Antwort

Deleted User
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Hi,

I have/had this issue too, so I thought I'd share my experience with it.

In my case, it seemed to be related to the Google Drive client for Windows. The issue showed up after I installed it and would go away if I uninstalled it. However, with Google Drive installed, the issue wasn't always present.

So I've still got Google Drive installed and seemed to have rid myself of the problem. Well, it's been fine for a about a week so far since I took the following steps below.

• I used CCleaner to view t

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen
Neu hier ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Kopiert

RK97 Ah, I see. You unregistered Google Drive's context menu but never registered it again. Not what I wanted. Uninstalling Google Drive and reinstalling it got everything working again.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Kopiert

The fix that SolidVolume presented is a good workaround.  It works on my system and leaves me with both Google Drive and Acrobat installed properly.  I have Acrobat 9 and Windows 7 Pro 64.  However, I use FreeCommander, and to see the effect there, I had to restart FreeCommander.

Also, I used FileMenuTools instead of CCleaner to disable the context menu items.

Note there are several places to disable GDContextMenu and you probably should disable them in all the places:

• All File Types
  • Directories
  • Shortcuts

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Entdecker ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Kopiert

Worked for me, thanks!

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Kopiert

I found your solution quite helpful. Adobe's workarounds (registering the Adobe context menu .dll file) don't work for a simple reason, I believe.

CCleaner>Tools>Startup>Context Menu shows that the two Google Drive context menu items are called “contextmenu64.dll”, exactly the same as Adobe Acrobat's ContextMenu64.dll. I suspect Windows has to activate one and disable the other.

Google has highly-paid but dumb-as-a-rock engineers in its midst.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Kopiert

AKTUELL

After I tried most of the other proposed solutions this was the one that made it all work! The problem was also solved when I installed a trial of Acrobat DC but as it was a trial it was not solving the problem for good with Acrobat X pro.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines