• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat reader 2022 UI changes

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to do a horizontal swap of the UI in Adobe Acrobat Reader 2022.  My system was recently updated (I'm not sure what version it was before) and the new UI moved the tools and panels from the right to left and left to right (basically looks like a swap).

As a English language user I tend to work from left to right, and having the navigation and document infor on the right side is counter intuitive, and honestly very irritating. 

I'd like to move the majority of the right side back to the left and vice versa.  Navigation, bookmarks, pages, search, etc on the left.  Comments, tools (edit convert, sign) on the right. Is that possible?  If not does anyone have recomendations for another pdf reader program?  I can't use this the way it is.

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

As we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are committed to addressing any gaps or issues users report related

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the hamburger menu you can disable the new UI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for pointing that out! I like the bookmarks/chapters on the right and couldnt't believe they'd not let you drag and drop these panels and place them where ever you wanted. It's been driving me crazy for awhile and decide to look for information on this. I was also immediately turned off by the AnandSri's reply just the first couple sentences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jamesg59597947,

Thank you for reaching out.

It is a new UI of the application. For more information, please refer to the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html

If you wish, you may move back to the old UI using the following:  View menu > Enable|Disable New Acrobat (Mac) or Hamburger menu > Enable|Disable New Acrobat (Windows). 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who at Adobe thought this was a good UI/UX update? UX == User Experience, you have absolutely trashed it with this update, MAYBE if you gave the option to choose if you wanted the new UI first time it launched, but to just force this is ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I've only been using Acrobat for a couple years now, but I already had the muscle memory built up that I kept going to the (now) incorrect place for all of my frequently used actions. I could not locate any UI feature I frequently use, and I had to search for a way on the Internet to change it back. Please don't arbitrarily change the UI without asking a very broad section of users if it would improve their experience. Even then, please don't change it to be the default for long-time users. Will "Old Adobe" be supported indefinitely? If it will not be, then I will have to cancel my subscription when support ends as I will no longer be able to use the product I paid for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

As we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are committed to addressing any gaps or issues users report related to any break in current workflows in all our past & upcoming releases. 

If any of your current workflows are not functioning as expected, share them with us on this thread, and we will address them with the highest priority.

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve Acrobat, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback. 

If your critical workflows are impacted, you can switch to the old UI from the "Menu" on the top left corner of Windows and View Menu on MacOS. We will follow up with a detailed community-featured post, guiding you to familiarise yourself with the new interface and regular updates on upcoming changes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response.  I am so glad that there is a way to disable the new UI.  I have no intention of using the new UI.  This isn't just muscle memory, it's truly about functionality.  If I was using the application on a tablet or phone, it might make sense to have some of the functions/tools layed out like they are in the new UI, but on laptop it makes no sense.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines