• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC will not open excel files

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always been able to open these files. I get an error message that says files are not supported file type or damaged or email attachment wasn't correctly decode?

I have re-installed the software. Still no change.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

The issue if I understand it is that Excel is not listed as a Supported Format Type in Acrobat Pro. When you are combining files, you should be able to combine any of the Supported File Types, such as PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.

This is what it should look like when you go to Tools > Combine Files > Add Files

2018-04-17_16-58-23.png

But in a recent update to either Acrobat DC Pro or Office 2016, Excel is no longer listed as a Supported File Type and attempting to combine them will result in an error.

I was runnin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Spent hours on tech support with both Adobe and Microsoft - this was the fix I desperately needed. It worked on my old laptop which ended up crashing so I bought a new laptop for work - it never occurred to me that it was an update that messed it all up.

Thank you again,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines