• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat - Submit a Form (PDF to SharePoint Library)

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to create a button in an fillable form that will send the PDF (copy) to a SharePoint library.  Any advice welcomed but so far I've gotten nothing but errors (please see attached). 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Myster-P 

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

When you distribute a form, Acrobat automatically checks the form. If it doesn’t find a submit button, it adds a Submit Form button to the document message bar. Users can click the Submit Form button to send completed forms back to you. If you don’t plan to use the Submit Form button created by Acrobat, you can add a custom submit button to your form.

To know how, please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/setting-action-buttons-pdf-forms.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you see from my images (original post) I have created a Submit button that will (in theory) send the PDF to a SharePoint library.  Is their programing or settings on the SharePoint side we need to consider?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The URL you submit to must specially be set up to handle submissions. If it's a general Sharepoint URL, nothing good will happen. There is no way to make a "submit" that just saves a file, without server-side programming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if it's a link to a specific SharePoint document library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not even in theory. A submit is nothing like a save. You need a specially written web service/script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like their documention is a little under-explainatory or misleading...

Setting action buttons in PDF forms, Adobe Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'd say that is missing some detail. I'd also say this was written over 20 years ago when the internet was a rather simpler place. There simply was no such thing as a web based file system. The only point of comparison was a SUBMIT from an http page - which is still the same, and also can't submit to anything like Sharepoint.

"To collect form data on a server, type the location in the Enter a URL for this link box. For example, http://www.[domain]/[folder]/[subfolder]/ for an Internet address or \\[server]\[folder]\[subfolder]\ for a location on a local network."

This is true. But if it said: "The URL must accept a POST request for the selected data format. No additional parameters can be set" is might at least indicate it isn't a filesystem. After all - where would it save? What name would it have? What about data privacy? What about credentials? These things are the job of the POST script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your expertise and insight!  You've been most helpful! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines