• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Tutorial JavaScript Debugger

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a tutorial about the Acrobat JavaScript Debugger. I know how to activate it - but I have no idea how to proceed ... and the Acrobat Help isn't helpful at all.

I've found the articel https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/javascript_console/ by @Thom Parker (Thanks Tom). But regarding the debugger it only says "If you don't already know how to use software debugging tools, you are much better off sticking to the Console Window."

Well, but I would like to learn how to use software debugging tools. And the only need for it is right now PDF/JS ... so why should I start learning with another tool?

TOPICS
How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The console window is part of the JavaScript Debugger. Infact, the dialog box used for the Console Window is one and the same as the dialog box used for the Debugger. 

There's a video tutorial on it here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-tutorial-javascript-debugger/m-p/13461645

I don't know how good the tutorial is, but I recomend against using the Debugger because it is problematic. It's slow and crashes often. That said. It's not a bad idea to understand how to set break points and step through code. 

Debugging is something of an art form.  The tools are only there to help you investigate the code. They don't do the work for you.  In order to do debug you have to learn how to think critically about the code you are investigating. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines