• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

acrobat won't print, no page selected

New Here ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I upgraded to a new iMac with Mavericks, acrobat (updated to latest version, 10.1.9) won't print anything. I get an error message saying 'the document could not be printed' and then a second message saying 'no pages were selected'. I have tried selecting pages in different ways, and I've tried printing various different pdfs to both my printers (Brother HL2030 and Canon Pro9000). I have the latest drivers on these, which are printing other documents fine, so there's no problem with either the files or the printers.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until Adobe is able to address the issue, you can get this download and use it to print your documents. I've been searching for hours and no other solution works.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue when using Google Chrome.  When trying to print to a PDF file Google Chrome's default is "Save as PDF" you need to select "Adobe PDF". Wala it worked. Hope it works for you like it did for me.

Adobe Pic.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem, and I just printed the document in 20 page increments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem on windows 10, windows 8.1 and windows 7.

acrobat dc, acrobat 11, foxit and microsoft office 2013 reader can't print a 5 pages document horizontally in a3 paper.

Same for another document, 1 page only also in a3 horizontal format, with resize to fit and automatic rotation enabled.

Is there an error log or debug mode in acrobat dc that i can use to find out what the f**k is doing that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem, I solved this issue: when screen comes up to print, select  "change to" if you have word or another type of word processing system on your computer that system should also then come up as a selection to print the pdf as long as you don't have too much grafics it will work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've solved by the simple expedient of starting Acrobat Reader DC "Run as Administrator" Printed straight away!!! So simple but why I don't know!!!

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a sporadic problem for me as well.  This morning I stumbled on a solution that worked for me:

1.  Click File | Print

2.  Click Advanced

3.  Settings = Custom; check Print as Image; Select dpi; Click OK

4.  Now you've been returned to the Print dialog.

5.  Size options = Fit; Orientation = Auto Portrait/landscape

6. Click Print

Don't know why it works, but it did for me.  The print process takes a while, but it did work.  Twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I got an even better one. Go to Edit-Preferences- Security (Enhanced) and untick the ‘Enable Protected Mode at Startup’. All problems go away after that. So simple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David - that worked with this file also by adding it to the Trusted list and NOT globally removing "Protected Mode at Startup".

Now why couldn't Adobe tell us this.

Ralph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I add a file to the trusted list?

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

I don't know how it works in Acrobat Reader.  In Acrobat you simply follow these steps:

1.  Click on Edit | Preferences

2.  Find "Security (Enhanced)" in the Categories list.  Click on "Security (Enhanced)".

3.  Below the "Privileged Locations" box click on Add File.  Browse to the file you're trying to print.  Click on Open.

4.  The file should show up in the list of "Privileged Locations".

5.  Click on OK.

At this point you can open the file (if it's not already open) and print.

Like I said above, it works in Acrobat X - I do not know if it will work in Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve got Acrobat X, thanks and I can see what you mean. Since this problem has occurred with all my files, it seems very tedious to have to add them all individually. The odd thing is that it only happens on this user account. I have another user account and all files open and print fine on that one, without any further action!!

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would agree about tedious.  Perhaps under step 2 above if you uncheck "Enable Enhanced Security" it would apply across all files.

Go figure - Windows + today's software + security = headaches.  I find Acrobat X locking files even after I had closed them.  I have to close Acrobat before I can rename files.

It's time for me to consider BlueBeam as I work with drawings daily.

Ralph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2016 May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this problem today and found this forum via Google. I was finally able to print my pdf by doing the following: print ---->advanced--->print as image (check the box)---->ok---->print. I have printed it three times now to be sure it wasn't a fluke. It's very frustrating as I had just printed two other pdf docs with no problem whatsoever. Anyway I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem today.  Chose another printer (an old printer not in use) the selected print, did not print obviously,  Then re-selected my printer hit print and it printed.  Just tested with another doc and works fine again. Did this all form the print page, 20 second fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mate,

I had the same issue today. The file I was trying to print could not be printed in Adobe Reader, so here is an advise for you.......Right Click on the Document that you are trying to Print......then Click on Open with.....and Select Microsoft Word......and once you are in Word(it will ask you to Convert from Adobe PDF to Word Doc; Press OK)......and Now you should be able to Print:)......I hope that HELPS!

Parin P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workaround has been to left-click on the image and then to scroll down to be sure the entire image is selected; right-click and select "copy image"; paste it into the Paint app and then print, making sure the page orientation is set correctly before doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a solution.

When in Adobe go to 'File --> Print' in Adobe -  Then select the 'Advanced' option for your printer and select the option for printing as an 'image' and this will then print your pages! Hope this is helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is total crap. I beta tested Acrobat 1.0 and it printed. Ditto for all revs until 10 and later. Fix this goddam thing now. Ridiculous. I just used Apple Preview to print the document I needed done. Question, why don't you ask Apple to show you the print drive dataset Preview uses so that you can fix something that should not happen given the success of previous revs up until 10. You can't fix stupid or can you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open with Microsoft Edge, it allows you to print as a web page.  This is the only time I ever use the browser Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edge runs on Windows. that’s not the threads theme.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac users open pdf with Google Chrome then print. Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s a bad work around, but if it works... Other use Preview, but that is not an Acrobat replacement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's bad about it?

I'll tell you what I think is bad and that's the two hours I spent trying to make Acrobat work. Opening with Google Chrome and printing took seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chrome supports subsets of the PDF specs, as does Preview. If it works it's fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines