• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Pro Activation

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/policy-pricing/error-activation-limit-reached-sign.html

At the above help link, scroll down to the bottom and you'll find this:

For earlier products

Our aging activation servers for earlier versions of Acrobat and Creative Suite (CS) applications had to be retired. Without the activation servers, these applications display an activation or connection error when trying to verify a license. 

Affected applications include Creative Suite 2, 3, and 4, Audition 3, Acrobat 7, 8, and 9 (Standard and Professional), Acrobat X, Acrobat XI, and Acrobat 3D Version 8.

So does this mean I can no longer activate my Acrobat X Pro because the activation servers have been shut down for good? I did reach out to support about this already and they said support has ended for this product to reach out to the community for assistance (as if you all could help me with getting my Acrobat X Pro activated on my new PC after my old one died). Which is the worst customer service I've ever seen. They don't care at all, I can see that. Moving on from that. Am I just screwed now and have to buy a subscription if I want to install anything similar to my Acrobat X Pro when I replace my computer again in the future? This is very upsetting. I specifically bought what I bought back then as I knew I was going to use it for a long time and didn't want to pay a subscription, I wanted a 'lifetime' purchase... I guess that doesn't exist anymore?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, we can't help with Activation issues, and the rep. shouldn't have suggested otherwise.

It is possible to get a "perpetual" license for Acrobat, though, but you'll just end up in the same situation as you are now in some time... If you really want to do it, though, follow these instructions:

Go to the Adobe Products Page (https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/software.html) and search for "Acrobat".
At the top of the list you'll now see Acrobat Pro 2020. Click on the Buy button next to it. If you have a prior qualifying version change the "Type" drop-down to "License Upgrade". Otherwise leave it as "Full License".
Then select the other options (OS, Language, etc.) and complete the purchase. You'll get a full license, not a time-based subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem now. Yes, like you I do not like these subcriptions. I buy software to use forever, but now I cannot activate it. This is just bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2024 Aug 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I, too, have a perpetual licensed Adobe X Pro and have only one computer activated.  The system, Adobe's activation servers, think I have two computers activated which is not true.  I may have possibly messed things up myself when one computer crashed and I was unable to deactivate an instance of Adobe X Pro.

In any event, the support staff at Adobe is unable, or unwilling, to attempt to deactivate both computers so that I can start all over again.

They did, however, offer me the ability to pay for a monthly subscription to Acrobat which is not what my perpetual license was supposed to afford me.

Is there anyone who knows how to get Adobe to honor their committment to my perpetual license?

Thank you for your thoughts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines