• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Pro doesn't start anymore

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed the CS6 suite on my computer and everything worked as fine as Adobe software can work. This is Windows 10.1709, a fresh installation from a few months ago. Acrobat still worked a couple days ago. No errors or problems. Today, it just doesn't start anymore. I first tried with "open with" on a .pdf file, then tried starting it directly from the start menu. Nothing happens. There's no entry in the Windows event log for applications so it probably didn't crash.

The last thing I did was installing March 2018 Windows updates, then restarted Windows yesterday evening.

Is my Adobe software now unusable? Ps and Ai still run.

If so, can you recommend other software to edit PDF files or shrink scanned PDFs for e-mail delivery? I'm not the biggest fan of Adobe anyway, for all the trouble it causes, and I'm slowly phasing out all their stuff. I'd be happy to hear if any other PDF editor (paid or free) can replace it. It doesn't need to replace Acrobat Reader though which still works.

Acrobat Reader can't edit PDF files. When I try and look at the tools page, all I see is unmarked advertisements for other Adobe stuff that I need to pay monthly. I'm not going to do that.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Acrobat X is outdated, not supported by Adobe any longer, and not compatible with Windows 10, so problems with it are to be expected.

Having said that, you can always try to uninstall it, run the Cleaner Tool (Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs ), then try to re-install it and run it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS (like Windows 7). That's your best chance, short of buying a new license.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X is outdated, not supported by Adobe any longer, and not compatible with Windows 10, so problems with it are to be expected.

Having said that, you can always try to uninstall it, run the Cleaner Tool (Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs ), then try to re-install it and run it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS (like Windows 7). That's your best chance, short of buying a new license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution is easy - Acrofix and it's an offcial Adobe tool: Doesn't launch after 30 days | Installed as part of a CS6 suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Many outdated programs still work.  And we need to use them since companies believe they must go to subscription only.  Some of us one-person businesses have no choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still get Acrobat in the old "perpetual license" model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see that now!   Last time I looked was a while ago.  Thanks for the heads up, Try67!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines