• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Pro Keeps Crashing and I Can't Redownload It

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acrobar X Pro kept on crashing after being open for about 5-10 seconds on my Mac (Version 10.9.5). I tried to look onto the community for answers and I read that when some people deleted the program and then redownloaded it, it fixed the problem. I deleted it from my Mac and tried to redownload it from my Creative Cloud, however, there's no way to redownload the program. I even tried to download the program from the CD but I kept getting an error message ERROR: DW003.

I've tried to reach out to customer support, but now they're saying that my licensing isn't genuine, and that couldn't be the case because I've had this product for years and have never had any issues until now. Can someone please help me???

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

It started crashing for everyone with a non-updated version of Acrobat. By reinstalling you lost your updates. So...Update to Acrobat 10.1.16. https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/10/10.1.16.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Adobe stopped offering downloads of the installers for older versions, unless they were originally purchased as a digital download.

Also, these two things are not mutually exclusive: "I've tried to reach out to customer support, but now they're saying that my licensing isn't genuine, and that couldn't be the case because I've had this product for years and have never had any issues until now."

If Adobe is claiming your application is pirated then the burden is on you to prove otherwise. The fact it worked in the past is not proof. Where did you purchase it from? Did you even register the serial number with Adobe? Do you have proof-of-purchase, or the original packaging with the serial number on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to answer your questions in order: no I did not purchase this program. It was gifted to me over 6 years ago from someone who purchased it from a college store. I have registered this product with Adobe and I do have its original packaging (the CD and box) and serial numbers. 

Now there has been some changes since I last wrote this post. I decided to delete/remove all programs related to creative cloud and then reinstall them via CD. After doing so, I re-entered my serial number and it was accepted. Everything is in working order, EXCEPT for Acrobat X Pro. Every time I open it, it stays open for 5-15 seconds and then it crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It started crashing for everyone with a non-updated version of Acrobat. By reinstalling you lost your updates. So...Update to Acrobat 10.1.16. https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/10/10.1.16.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! It finally stopped crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mac link on pro does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which one, exactly? It worked fine for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update to 10.1.16 worked for me (Win10/CS6), My Acrobat is no longer closing on it own, thank you.

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/10/10.1.16.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but my purchased adobe pro is crashing like crazy, the link in the description will not download for me, does anyone else have a link that will download?

This one will do nothing: AcrobatUpd10116.msp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link on here works: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/10/10.1.16.html

But that's not the one in your post, that's just what it says on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I guess I am crazy, is the highlighted link the one you used for fixing XI Pro

Stihl5FD4_0-1605746900037.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this thread is about Acrobat X (10), not XI (11). Notice the versions. You need 11.0.23, not 10.1.16.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went to the website and installed the download. Now when I open Adobe Acrobat Pro it only shows partial options of editing.

I can't get all the options to show or to turn is back to the old view.

Malissa29955636u88d_0-1684771311039.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same issue. I have Acrobat X Pro 10.1.1 installed as part of the CS6 suite.
"Check for updates" inside Acrobat X Pro doesn't find any updates.
I tried installing the AcrobatUpd10116.msp file but I get an error message that says: "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing. ..."
I tried 10.1.12 as well and getting the same error.
I also tried 10.1.2 ans still the same error...

What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this will be of help, but on my Mac, I made sure I downloaded the .dmg version of the upgrade software, and when the installer app window appeared, I copied the files to my hard drive. The installer worked and Acrobat is now running. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CORRECT SOLUTION:

1. Install official Microsoft Compatibility Administrator found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install#adkwin10

2. start "Compatibility Administrator (64-bit).exe" in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Kits\Windows ADK\Application Compatibility Toolkit\Developer and Tester Tools\

3. expand "System Database" > expand "Applications" > find and click "adobe creative suit 6" > on the right window "right" click pdapp.exe "Disable Entry"

4. Run Acrobat X Pro, now insted of crashing it will show a "new" adobe activation agreement (this is what was crashing the acrobat x pro), you can now accept it and Acrobat X Pro runs with 0 issues in 2021. (no need for any compatibly modes). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines