• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat XI and Reader DC

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have the Adobe Acrobat XI Standard(11.0.23) and I'm using it to edit PDFs,the problem was that with only the Acrobat XI i couldn't preview PDFs in preview pane,so I installed Adobe Reader DC.Now i can preview PDFs but there is no way i can add images to a PDF when i try it in Acrobat XI, it tells me that i have a newer version of Adobe in my PC and I have to use the DC version for that action,but i can't use the reader to edit PDF.So the question is,is there anywat that i can solve both problems?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe used to allow Reader and Acrobat on the same computer, but they are stopping it now. I think they do not want people who choose not to upgrade Acrobat to get new features for free instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But there is no new feature,i mean the preview and the edit by adding a image on to the PDF is nothing new.Did they just disable the preview pane for the older versions of Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But there is a new feature. You are using a constantly changing system (Windows 10). At some point a few years ago, Windows 10 broke the preview in Acrobat, and after some shaky starts, Adobe managed to add the new features needed to get previews working again. 

Hence, if you won't upgrade, you don't get the new features needed.

For some reason people don't view the work needed to keep up with Microsoft and Apple as real work, which should be paid for. Some companies have gone out of business, especially with Apple Mac software, because they couldn't afford to do all that work. To give this work away free means smaller companies are subsidising Microsoft's and Apple's profits, and I don't think that's right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of MS Windows does you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro (21H2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the 32-bit version of Reader DC and it will allow you to have both at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I will use Powertoys from microsoft instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Install the 32-bit version of Reader DC and it will allow you to have both at the same time."

I tried but it didn't work.

"I think I will use Powertoys from microsoft instead"

Foxit Reader is a better choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines