• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat XI Pro crashes (closes) after having a document open for 15-20 seconds

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just today I have 3 employees all having the same issue.  They can open pdfs with Acrobat XI Pro, but after 15-20 seconds the program closes.  Two of these PCs are Windows 10, the other is Windows 7.  They have all used Adobe Pro for years.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software on each of these computers and the problem still exists.  As far s we can tell the software worked fine last week for all three employees.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

We are experiencing the same problem this morning. Updating the application seems to resolve the issue. However, I am not sure what would cause this as there has been no recent changes to our environment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing the same problem this morning. Updating the application seems to resolve the issue. However, I am not sure what would cause this as there has been no recent changes to our environment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ILoveTech.  That has worked for one user already and I will do the same for the others.  It is strange that the product that Adobe told me they no longer support suddenly needs to be updated to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same problem. I will try and updateit too? Hope it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me multiple times today. I was using Google Chrome and it happened. I downloaded Edge Chromium and it happened. I uninstalled Adobe Pro XI and reinstalled and it continued to happen. I had previously repaired the program and it happened. This is a major part of our office's work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Since Adobe stopped the support, I did an update and now it crashes all the time. 

Converts word docx into HUGE pdf files that I can't reduce size (using the reduce size option) without it freezing and crashing. 

SO wish there was a solution. Updating didn't do it for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone recommend a better software.  Adobe is no longer usable for me.  Even their techs cannot help me.  Constantly crashes with unexected program error and when it works, it takes a very long time to edit a pdf as it is very delayed.  I edit pdf files often and need a reliable software.  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you all mean by you updated it?  Is there an update for Acrobat XI on the Adobe site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, nebbah mind. I found the Check for Updates option on the Help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines