• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat XI Pro discontinued and Acrobat DC is not compatible with my system. Really?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a computer that I´ve been using for a long time and it works perfectly well. No need to upgrade it or change it, no need to change the OS, it runs as it should and I do all my work without any issues. I upgraded the OS from the one it had to El Capitan. I do not intend to use a more up to date one since the higher the OS version, the laggier and less efficient computer I will have.

About 20 days ago Acrobat XI Pro started asking for a License number. I´ve been paying for Creative Cloud for years and it turns out that I can´t use this program anymore since Acrobat DC is not compatible with my OS. I was just told by an Adobe´s Chat person named Juan that I need to upgrade my computer since it´s old to be able to keep using the program. Really? Really? I´m furious right now... Living in a 3rd world coutry makes paying for Adobe subscriptions a very hard task to complete; it´s really expensive to us. I only used 3 or 4 programs and I prefered not paying for subscriptions but actual licenses. This is not an option anymore because of Adobe´s decision. It´s bad for me but I´ve accepted it. And now it turns that they´ve decided that I need to upgrade my computer as a must? Isn´t there any other way? Man I´m pissed, I feel that they´re just not thinking of me as a loyal customer who´s given them more for more than 20 ye...

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- If you have a license for Acrobat XI and a system that's compatible with it then you should be able to use it still.

- Apple are the ones that are making their new OS versions not compatible with older applications, hence the need to upgrade when installing a new OS version. This is not the case (for the most part) with Windows.

- You can still purchase a license for Acrobat (current version is called 2020), you don't have to subscribe to it, but honestly if you're on a Mac I would not recommend it, exactly because of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree TRY67!
I can´t see why a piece of software which I´m using and works fine with my computer is suddenly discontinued because of a new version being launched. I don´t care about using an older version of the software. Going through the hassle of changing an OS which works fine and using a newer one which will make my old Mac laggier and less efficient just to please Adobe is not acceptable.

Also, if I´m paying for a full Creative Cloud setup, why should I pay for an individual license to use Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat XI is not included in the current CC subscription. If you have CC then you probably also have access to Acrobat DC, but that doesn't mean your old copy of Acrobat XI shouldn't work any longer, as long as you have the installer for it and the serial number, and it's compatible with your OS version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines