• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat XI Pro "Out of Memory" Error.

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just received a new Dell T7600 workstation (Win7, 64-bit, 64GB RAM, 8TB disk storage, and more processors than you can shake a stick at). We installed the Adobe CS6 Master Collection which had Acrobat Pro X. Each time we open a PDF of size greater than roughly 4MB, the program returns an "out of memory" error. After running updates, uninstalling and reinstalling (several times), I bought a copy of Acrobat XI Pro hoping this would solve the problem. Same problem still exists upon opening the larger PDFs. Our business depends on opening very large PDF files and we've paid for the Master Collection, so I'd rather not use an freeware PDF reader. Any help, thoughts, and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Please try the forum link : http://forums.adobe.com/thread/645553 ..

It looks like we need to check the Temp folder and empty that on your computer and then try again to see if that works fine or not .

Regards,

Kartikay Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2013 Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As mentioned, the TEMP folder is typically the problem. MS limits the size of this folder and you have 2 choices: 1. empty it or 2. increase the size limit. I am not positive this is the issue, but it does crop up at times. It does not matter how big your harddrive is, it is a matter of the amount of space that MS has allocated for virtual memory. I am surprised that there is an issue with 64GB of RAM, but MS is real good at letting you know you can't have it all for use because you might want to open up something else. That is why a lot of big packages turn off some of the limits of Windows or use Linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines