• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation Limit Error on Same Device every morning

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every single morning I'm told I reached device activatiuon limit and it shows me the two devices I'm signed in on. One of them is the exact same device I'm trying to use. So I have to click sign out of the hostname I am already on in order to use Acrobat on the same device.

It is getting boring having to log in and reactivate every single day.

jjo5555_1-1649016546920.png

Please make it stop!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble.

As you get the error message repeatedly, please try to check the Active sessions on your Adobe account. Please use the steps suggested below:

1. Open the following link.

2. Sign in using the Adobe ID (email address) and password.

3. Go to the Account and Security tab and select Sign-in and security.

4. Scroll down the screen till Active Sessions Title.

Check the number of devices listed there.

You may also try to End sessions for all active sessions. Then sign in again to the application and check if you get the same error message again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not repeatedly. It is every morning when I first use Acrobat after a reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did everything you asked and this continues. It is every morning when I first use Acrobat after a reboot. It is running on a AWS workspace.

Every day I am stopped from working, given a login prompt, having to log in and then chose a device to sign myself out from. I chose the hostname that exactly matches the hostname I am already on. So I have to tell it to sign me out of IP-C0A8C8D5 in order to let me sign in device IP-C0A8C8D5 (THE SAME DEVICE!!!!!)

This is really starting to annoy me.

Can't your team look at my logs and see whay your platform is broken and fix my issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do whatever you colleague Jeffrey did here as this seems to be an identical problem:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/activation-limit-error-on-same-device...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening. It is most annoying. this is not a brand new machine each morning. It has the same machine name and the same registry hive and the same user area. It is a desktop as a service. Thsi is the future for many corporate environments.

Every morning I get presented with the above dialog and have to sign out of the device I'm alreasdy on in order to use the device I'm already on.

PLEASE FIX THIS FOR ME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is really really really starting to annoy me. It now sends me a verification code by email every single morning before I have to go through the whole process. So, it has become even more annoying.

PLEASE FIX THIS FOR ME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's designed to keep working unless the machine changes. I suspect some system changes (which Adobe won't tell us about) are causing it to look like a new computer. I've heard of some "anonymising" apps that cause the machine to keep changing so it can't be tracked; do you have anything like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is every morning when I first use Acrobat after a reboot. It is running on a AWS workspace so could easilly be some sort of system change every reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. If you're running a private AWS instance, which is rebooted but remains the same instance, it seems like Adobe software should know it's the same computer. However, if the instance is recreated each time, as many AWS services work, then you can expect to need to sign in, with forced sign off - because the sign in was to a different computer. This isn't broken. I looked at a 40 page AWS deployment guide, and it basically says this is how it will be. It does however suggest you sign out, rather than just shutting down the instance.

If it's a private instance, and it still happens, then don't reboot. Just leave it running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe, like many others we have a business/comercial/budgetry need to reboot/shutdown. And maybe Adobe should realise that this in 2022 and many business environments are virtual. I know you are trying to help but telling me to run my enterprise another way just becasue Adobe doesn't like the way we run it is not actually helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines