• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add a logo in a prepared form

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a designer, I have the full version of the Creative Suite. I create sell sheets and add editable fields using the Prepare Forms function in Acrobat.

In the past, my colleagues, with the free version of Acrobat, could add a logo into an image field and their contact information into a text field.

Today, Adobe is telling me that a logo can only be added by a user with a premium version of Acrobat.

Is that true for you?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I am so annoyed!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adobe, please fix this feature!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to fix. Users with Acrobat Reader DC can fill image fields. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to use the Image Field when I prepare a form. Right now, my colleagues can add text to a text field, but they can NOT add a logo to an image field with the base level Acrobat program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when they fill image fields? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add the editable field and when I send it out it is unclickable. Nothing can be added, outside the text field.

Adobe claims that images can only be added with higher level versions of Acrobat. Last month my clients could add a logo…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be that is something wrong with the form. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been doing this for years.

I've also had colleagues try to add the image field without success.

I even tried at home on a computer with a different Apple ID; still no success. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly happens when you try in Acrobat Reader? Please include screen shots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add the image field it looks like this:

Aurelie25324531wvhz_0-1659381080665.png

It has always appeared editable to me, but I have the full Creative Suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you take a rather bigger screen shot, that also shows the Acrobat Reader window around this PDF (window title and edges).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's proprietary…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then create a file without the proprietary information, and post that... Without seeing the full window, or (better yet) the actual file, we can't really help you out.

My guess is the users are not really using Adobe Reader any longer, but some other application, where this feature doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image field works fine for me in Acrobat Pro DC.

However, when my colleagues try to fill the fields in Acrobat Reader, they can add TEXT but not their logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, we need to see where they're using it. Without it, we can't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the same document, I am adding a text box at the bottom to add contact information:

Aurelie25324531wvhz_0-1659381206042.png

THIS area thay CAN add text to…<sigh>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I tried today a test form with Acrobat Reader (64-bit) 22.001.20169 (English) and an image field worked as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, the test.pdf that you posted contains no form fields at all, including no image fields. I'm not sure if you intended to put any there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did add an image field…this is the problem. I've recreated with a border, but it is the same file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users with Acrobat Reader DC on Windows or Mac can fill the image field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you fill the image field on Test.pdf above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have said, there is NO IMAGE FIELD in the test.pdf file you posted. Nothing, no form fields. I'm not saying you didn't put it there, but it certainly isn't there now. This will certainly explain why nobody can use the field! I suggest you download test.pdf from your own post, giving it a new name, and check it out. If you DO see any image field in test.pdf, let us know. But more likely we have to help you figure out how the image field that you added came to be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines