• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Added a custom stamp - it's sideways - how to rotate?

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a simple stamp with two words and everything is good except that it's vertical instead of horizontal. I don't want to rotate the stamp every time I place it, so how do I change the stamp itself?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are saying that the stamp was created in the correct "horizontal" orientation, but when it is placed it is rotated 90degrees? If so this is because the PDF page is rotated.  Stamps are placed according to the page rotation. Try placing it on other pdfs that are not rotated. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PDF is not rotated - works fine for awhile then Adobe randomly decides to rotate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To rotate a stamp click it and then click the little circle that appears at the center of the top border, and drag to rotate the stamp. Hold down Shift to make it rotate in intervals of 45 degrees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesnt work - deleted stamp and puts "Draft" in the box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the stamp by rotating the page in the stamp file. I don't mean rotate the view. The actual page needs to be rotated

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been solved yet? I have had the same issue for some time now. The image is right-side up in AutoCAD and remains so when published as a .pdf, then ran through Illustrator and then publishing as a .png from AI (this is to illustrate that the .png remains right-side-up, although only the .pdf publish is used to create the Adobe Stamp). It remains right-side-up as as a thumbnail in Adobe Acrobat DC when browsing to the .pdf in the "Select Image for Custom Stamp" dialog box, and still under the "Create Custom Stamp" dialog box after import. The first instance of a 90° rotation occurs when actually selecting the stamp for placement on the page, or in the thumbnails of created stamps through selecting "Custom Stamps / Manage". The .pdf imports into Bluebeam Revu right-side-up as well (though the image does note a rotation of 270° in that software).

Just for a test, I did rotate and save the .pdf page in other orientations. The rotation is reflected in the .pdf; however, the stamp always reverts back to the same sideways (left readable) orientation when selecting the stamp to place. Additionally, I republished the original .pdf from AutoCAD using a landscape orientation, rather than portrait (the plot settings do include an icon that rotates 90° when switching between the two; however, the plot preview and produced .pdf both have a right-side-up orientation for either page orientation setting).

I of course can, manually rotate the image upon placement, but the default placement is what I would like to address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full disclosure, I'm not an admin, just a regular user that had the same problem and through trial and error found a solution. Try creating the object you wish to turn into a stamp as a .jpg image file and choose that as the source file for the stamp.  I was having the same issue when trying to use a .pdf as my source image for the stamp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this was a very practical answer, it saved me from frustration. it worked perfectly

thank you dear DNS1212

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was a reason I wanted a .pdf as my stamp, but after all this time... I don't remember. Thanks for pointing out this simple solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines