• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a fillable stamp to PDF documents

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting to add a stamp to documents that can then be typed into to include date, amount etc.

At present we print off documents, stamp them manually, fill in the details, scan the document back into our PC and then email it to the managers. I am curious to see whether a stamp can be set up that can be typed into to save a few of these steps.

We use Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Thanks in advance for any help people can offer me .

Rosie

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not possible, but it is possible to prompt the user for information when the stamp is placed that then gets placed in form fields on the stamp. This is a type of dynamic stamp and you can learn more about them here: https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/dynamic_stamp_secrets

This has also been discussed here many times, so you should be able to find more information with a search, but post again if you get stuck.

Here's another good source of information:

Modify Dynamic PDF Stamps in Acrobat - KHKonsulting LLC

Creating a PDF Stamp File from Scratch - KHKonsulting LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried this in Acrobat Pro DC?  I had the process down pat in Acrobat 9 using the methods in the first link you posted, but now that I've updated to DC I can't get it to work. I am able to get as far as getting the AP code to identify my custom field, but I'm stuck on the step where you updating the script to incorporate it. You're supposed to open the custom stamp file in your user library (I'm on a Mac), and then edit the field script to incorporate the custom field name. But when I open the custom stamp file (I can see my stamp I made there on the second page) and choose "Prepare Form" to get at the field, I get a message "No new form field annotations were detected". I am unable to select the field because it is apparently no longer a field.

I ams tuck. Makes me wish I hadn't updated to DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do this all the time in Acrobat DC.  The Acrobat UI has changed quite a bit since 9, but the methodology for creating a dynamic stamp is the same.

It sounds like you are creating a stamp from an existing PDF that contains form fields. Is this correct?  Acrobat removes any existing form fields when it creates the stamp file. Very frustrating. You have to put the fields onto the stamp after the stamp is created, not before.

You're not the only one with DC woes. It easier now to use the tool search than to try and find on the Tools panel. They've also removed a few features that were in previous version. Fortunately I have a plug-in that exposes all the old menus, so you can use it like you used to

Here's a some more info on stamps:

PDF Stamp Annotations

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd prefer to not have to pay $149 per year to get this answer.....are there any other resources?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buy the book, it's cheaper, but doesn't come with the sample stamps.

But the $149 gets you much, much more. For example it includes an on-line tool for building the JavaScript Dialogs. 

So how much is your employer paying you to flounder about trying to do this? The $149 is a spectacular deal for them, I'm sure you've cost them hundred's, if not thousands trying to figure something out that you could have just paid $25 bucks for a book. Or a little more for examples and tools. Or  may you don't feel like anyone elses hard work is worthwhile? 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to be rude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

He wasn't rude, he was quite helpful. There's some snowflakiness & entitlement to free help in the air. Let's be careful out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines