Adobe Acrobat and Reader 64 Bit Missing DirectX Rendering

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently it was brought to my attention that vendors and customers using Adobe Reader to view our 3D PDF's are no longer able to use the original functionality since it appears they got an automatic update to their Adobe Reader to become 64 Bit. This appears to have resulted in the lack of access to the Preferred Renderer of DirectX which seems to be the only option that allows for the renderer to work. In the 64 bit version of Adobe Reader DirectX is no longer an option, only "Software" is available to select.

What gives? Is there a fix for this? This is literally destroying my ability to deliver documentation to people and the only solution I've found to is to individually help every person uninstall 64 bit and have them reinstall 32 bit.

Adobe please tell me you tested this before ruining people's businesses with a poorly thought through update?

coreyb1313405_0-1654735107018.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , JavaScript , Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Corey,

Thank you for reaching out.

As mentioned above, the functionality does not work with the 64-bit version.

Would you mind sharing a video on how it works in the 32-bit and 64-bit versions? 

It would be helpful if you could share a sample PDF to replicate the behavior at our end.

Please share the Acrobat and OS versions used on both machines where the functionality works and does not work.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing. Attached below is an image of the comparison.

Also attached is an example PDF built only to demostrate the issue, which was used for that comparison.

The issue occurs between 32 bit and 64 bit Adobe regardless of the machine. The direct cause is the lack of DirectX rendering.

Adobe Reader used for viewing to show the comparison is: 2022.001.20117

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MeenakshiNegi 

Is there hope in the near future for this original functionality to be working on the 64 bit version of Adobe?

I'm having a difficult time keeping up with folks complaining they have lost functionality and having to assist them in reinstalling the 32 bit version. If this is never going to be corrected, Adobe needs to stop the automatic updates if they are going to result in lost functionality.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir, What kind of video you need to be presented? 

Can you not install yourself latest 64bit and 32bit version of reader and see for yourself that directX rendering option is missing in 64bit version while its present in 32bit?

Also while at it, install then a year old version of 64bit of program and see that directX option is there. 

Give us back DirectX 3D rendering or give us option to install a year old version of 64bit reader without autoupdate to gain back the functionality

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MeenakshiNegi 
Is there any other follow on information you could provide?

The examples were provided, but there is yet to be a response.

As you can see from others that have replied to this posting this isn't an isolated incident nor a file issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and it is very very serious ..... I understand that updates exist, but it is not tolerable to force updates to people when they take away functionality and productivity. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is everything for me, for the use and maintenance manuals ... from complete 3D PDF models I get the images to be included in the use and maintenance manuals ..... now it is not possible that I have to wait 5-10 times of more, to orient a 3d model, because this 64-bit version of Adobe Acrobat Pro does not rely on GPU hardware ... but relies solely on SOFTWARE, so it is the CPU of the machine that works .... and that I do, in my Workstation, a graphics card with 8 Gb of ram, which costs 1000 $, if I can't use it ??? It is already STRANGE, (mind You, I do not blame You, Mr. MeenakshiNegi, who is working to collect user problems ... I blame the behavior of ADOBE) dear ADOBE, to have taken away from us the possibility from your Creative Desktop portal to be able to install relises older than 2 years, which perhaps, for what is really necessary, are already more than enough and run decently even on less performing hardware ..... but now, "in addition to the past, that you cannot recover", we have arrived at the absurd.... Do you remember that a few years ago, in Windows7, on Adobe ACROBAT Pro, in terms of rendering options, in addition to Software, in addition to DirectX, there was even the OpenGL option ..... ?? Now it is necessary to REALLY SOLVE THE PROBLEM, without wasting time....
PS. is time that the hardware requirements requested, on the page https://helpx.adobe.com/it/reader/system-requirements.html
are LESS generic, and become MORE technical .... "LIST RECOMMENDED GRAPHICS CARDS" FOR ADOBE ACROBAT PRO, "RENDERING OPEN GL OR DIRECTX".
Thanks for your attention. Attached is the screen shot of my situation.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

have the same problem and it is very very serious ..... I understand that updates exist, but it is not tolerable to force updates to people when they take away functionality and productivity. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is everything for me, for the use and maintenance manuals ... from complete 3D PDF models I get the images to be included in the use and maintenance manuals ..... now it is not possible that I have to wait minimum 4 times of more, to orient a 3d model, because this 64-bit version of Adobe Acrobat Pro does not rely on GPU hardware ... but relies solely on SOFTWARE, so it is the CPU of the machine that works .... and that I do, in my Workstation, a graphics card with 8 Gb of ram, which costs 1000 $, if I can't use it ??? It is already STRANGE, (mind You, I do not blame You, Mr. MeenakshiNegi, who is working to collect user problems ... I blame the behavior of ADOBE) ADOBE, to have taken away from us the possibility from your Creative Desktop portal to be able to install relises older than 2 years, which perhaps, for what is really necessary, are already more than enough and run decently even on less performing hardware ..... but now, "in addition to the past, that you cannot recover", we have arrived at the absurd.... Do you remember that a few years ago, in Windows7, on Adobe ACROBAT Pro, in terms of rendering options, in addition to Software, in addition to DirectX, there was even the OpenGL option ..... ?? Now it is necessary to REALLY SOLVE THE PROBLEM, without wasting time....
PS. is time that the hardware requirements requested, on the page https://helpx.adobe.com/it/reader/system-requirements.html, with info LESS generic, and MORE technical .... RECOMMENDED GRAPHICS CARDS (brand, type,ecc) FOR ADOBE ACROBAT PRO, RENDERING OPEN GL OR DIRECTX.
Thanks for your attention. Attached is the screen shot of my situation.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines