Exit

Adobe Acrobat Combine Files - Raised Without Handler Error

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are doing well.

I am having an issue where when the users try to combine files they get this error "Raised Without Handler Error". I found a fix online were if you navigate to the C:\ folder and run "EULA", it works without any issue. This method only works once but if the user turns off their machine or closes down Acrobat when they next try to combine files they get the same issue.

However, I've tested this with the same files on both my device but I do not seem to be recieving the same issue. I tried this on the server to see if this was isolated to only that area, however both desktop and on the server have the same issue. I have tried this with different PDF's and I cannot seem to replicate the same error.

They have a different configuration to me, they use Revit and have a lot of software installed and I have a fresh install of Windows 11 on my work laptop and my work machine has seems to have no issue with it as well. 

My last resort is to see if I can delete their Acrobat data and let it be rebuilt when they load up the application. 

Any advice?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried investigating the same issue and found the issue happends (running Acrobat Pro DC 64) when selecting multiple files from File Explorer, if the file preview in Explorer is enabled. If I disable the Preview pane or switch to Details pane (may need to close Adobe and Explorer to apply) then I can select files and use right click Combine files without problem.

Now it should be Adobe providing permanent solution from here, as the preview can be on without issues for some older Acrobat versions.

Let me know if this workaround works for you also, then we can ask Adobe for a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help! I actually found out that loading the app and combining files through there works better than combing files through the file explorer. I sent an email out to the entire company and got them to use that method and it worked.

Sorry for the late reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be thread necromancing here a bit, but I've experienced exactly the same thing as George283269996mel. A client of mine is running into this issue and needs the preview window to check on which PDF's she needs to open, this is slowing down her work flow a lot. Does Adobe have any plans to fix this issue with the Preview Pane and the Combine PDF dialogue button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My best advice is to use the combine files in the app instead rather than right clicking and using that option. That method seemed to work. 

Maybe give that a try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines