• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC: Users unable to highlight text in .pdf using various colors.

New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several of our users are unable to highlight .pdf documents using Adobe Acrobat DC in various colors.  They've given up and are now highlighting their documents by hand!  Please help.  Thanks.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

I've developed a tool that I think will help you with this issue: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat/Reader -- Quickly Switch Between Highlighter Colors

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've developed a tool that I think will help you with this issue: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat/Reader -- Quickly Switch Between Highlighter Colors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HIGHLIGHTER is NOT a HIGHLIGHTER.  Seriously?  The most BASIC function is no longer available?  I don't understand why I would pay for a product like this and suddenly NOT be able to select text and highlight it.  I figured it was most certainly 'USER ERROR' [me].  Has anybody figured out how to do this WITHOUT installing some fix-it patch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain what's the exact issue you're having, and what application (including version number) and OS versions you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just run into this.  Ridiculous!  Acrobat DC version 2021.001.20155 on Windows 10.  Highlighter doesn't work, period.  Select the highlighter tool.  Select text.  Let go of the mouse button.  Nothing happens.  Not much to explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Comment panel after doing so. Do you see anything there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a comment there, but the text isn't highlighted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This can happen when the opacity setting for new highlight annotations is set too low. This can happen accidentally or via an older bug. Try selecting one of them and checking out its properties to see what the opacity is set to. If that's the problem, you can change the opacity to 100% and make it the default for new highlights that you add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines