• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat_Prepare a Form_ Image Insert/Overlay issue.

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All!

I have a PDF booklet I created on canva. On one of the pages, is a picture of a dog, the image is outlined as a blob shape. The actual image is a standard rectangle. On canva I used a blob shape frame, then found the dog picture, placed it over the blob and the photo took the blobs shape. (Pictures Below from Canva, Photo with Dog in Blob in PDF) 

I saved the booklet as a PDF and want others who get the booklet to be able to upload their pets image, over this dog, and have their image take the blob shape outline. (The purpose of the dog picture on this page is to show people how their pet could look on the page vs just having an empty space for folks to place their pets photo). 

I used Adobe Acrobat, Prepare a Form, and clicked the Image button over the dogs image, the issues are:

1) the image button feature does not overlay a photo into the blob, but just into a standard rectangle shape, I also cant adjust the image shape to the blob

2) I tried using Photoshop and had the original dogs photo and tried to use the pen tool to make the same curves that the blob has, but I am struggling to work it and have a feeling this won't solve the issue 

Is there a way I can create a blob shape for image upload in acrobat in the prepare a form section? or is there some way to edit the image button/ section so it can adjust and overlay??? 

Any ideas/help would be appreciated. 

Thank you!!! 

Canva Blob.pngOriginal Dog Photo.pngDOG.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Modern Acrobat , PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

This would be something only possible through Adobe InDesign. You would have the ability to add an irregular mask and do exactly what you are hoping to do. Acrobat is not designed to handle custom shaped masks or overlays as an authoring tool. 

So unfortunately, given the Canva doc and the PDF, your only viable choice is to recreate the layout in InDesign or modify the complexity of the interactive element.

As a final note, please know that no matter what shape you make the blob the hit box will

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be something only possible through Adobe InDesign. You would have the ability to add an irregular mask and do exactly what you are hoping to do. Acrobat is not designed to handle custom shaped masks or overlays as an authoring tool. 

So unfortunately, given the Canva doc and the PDF, your only viable choice is to recreate the layout in InDesign or modify the complexity of the interactive element.

As a final note, please know that no matter what shape you make the blob the hit box will always be a rectangle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines