• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat pro - 2024 - how to remove stupid floating tool bar

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just been FORCED to install the most updated Pro version of Adobe.  IT IS THE PITS.

I am using version 2024.002.20759 Windows desktop version.

How can i remove this ridiculous floating tool bar?  It's so frustrating and gets in the way of working with a document.  It's pure distraction and frustration and completely distracts you from getting your work done because you have to keep moving it.

A few other things i'd like to see if can be mitigated:

1.  Bookmarks panel back to the left hand side

2. Tools panel back to the right hand side

3.  display contrast - grey on grey is the least visually friendly and excludes people with low vision

4.  stop the stupid pop up when you scroll over a picture or object in a PDF doc - why is this needed?

This is just one hour of using this, i can only imagine what other annoying 'upgrades' are yet to be found.

Any advice on how to fix these nonsensical features will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you community!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Menu - Disable New Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Menu - Disable New Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE MY HERO!  Thank you so much!  HURRAH!  life is good, and efficient again 🙂

You have saved my sanity try67

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  I was getting very frustrated with the new layout and it was holding back my productivity.  I wish software designers would consider end users.  It seems to be a growing trend that software companies change things just to change things which can actually degrade software.  As we say in the automotive industry, you just cannot move the steering wheel to the oppisite side of the car just because you think it looks better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saved the day, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2024 Aug 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @try67! I am rescued! WHY why why did Adobe make this product sooo much worse with this dumb update??  Grateful for the rollback option. Phew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot understand why this toolbar was placed without an option to remove it. It is really a pest to deal with. I guess uninstalling the new Acrobat will have to be the solution until Adobe listens to its clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines