• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC & Reader DC (64bit Installer)

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please point me in the direction of the x64 installer for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?  Unfortunately, someone decided it would be a good idea to make this invisible to the public.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Beginning this month, Adobe is beginning to selectively roll out 64-bit versions of Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat Standard DC, and Acrobat Pro DC on Windows. This is being rolled out in limited geographies at this particular point.

However, there is an installer available now at https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html.

From what I understand it does not support all localizations at this point and should not be used for updating existing 32-bit Acrobat to 64-bit Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Here's the latest from Adobe – it's now widely available and supported:

"You can download the Acrobat 64-bit installers from this page by clicking the appropriate download button below. After the download is complete, follow the installation steps below to begin the installation."

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html

[Previously:

"Currently, Acrobat DC 64-bit for Windows is available in the following geographies - Australia, Brazil, France, Germany, India

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't say what platform you are on, MacOS or Windows, but ...

MacOS — Acrobat DC is entirely 64-bit at this point. The installer is 64-bit; you have no choice! 

Windows — Acrobat DC is still entirely 32-bit. Thus, there is only a 32-bit installer; again you have no choice! 

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dov, I just want to be sure I heard what you are saying properly. Are you saying there isn't a 64 bit Adobe Pro DC?  Can you clarify for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what he is saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if i have to convert 64 bit application and using Adobe 32 reference, will it support ?

Can use 32-bit adobe on a 64-bit platform?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Probably. Acrobat includes various 64 bit components to make communication work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes of course you can use 32 bit apps on 64 bit Windows platforms. For most apps there is no reason or gain in having 64 bit. Just marketing people trying to get people excited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my issue is my application having other components as well which are updated with 64 bit version.

NowIf i convert my application to 64 bit Target, Adobe will give exception.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dov,

Hi. I'm running macOS High Sierra 10.13.4, just logged in to my Adobe DC account and installed the Acrobat desktop program.  During its installation, I twice encountered an Apple warning that the program wasn't optimized for a 64-bit Mac.

Each warning provided this link for reference:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

Is the Mac version truly 64-bit (still), or did something change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the application itself is truly 64-bit. However, there are parts of the underlying update infrastructure that still require updating to 64-bit. That update will occur sometime prior to Apple's next major OS release. Nothing to worry about.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roger that. Thanks for the quick reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dov Isaacs Sorry to tag on a old post. You said last year Windows Acrobat DC is 32bit, is it still true today?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Acrobat (Reader, Standard, and Pro) are still 32-bit applications on Windows.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is...there a plan to make a 64-bit version?  It's nice to have more than 4GB RAM available, but if an application - say, one frequently used with large files and known for being somewhat memory-hungry - can't address it, that extra memory goes to waste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an plan for making a 64bit version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have not yet announced any such plans.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the latest from Adobe – it's now widely available and supported:

"You can download the Acrobat 64-bit installers from this page by clicking the appropriate download button below. After the download is complete, follow the installation steps below to begin the installation."

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html

[Previously:

"Currently, Acrobat DC 64-bit for Windows is available in the following geographies - Australia, Brazil, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, and the UK. We plan to add more geographies in the coming months."]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you guessing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

before it was guess but now i have tried the same it will give error while build application with X64 target, i require to remove Adobe code to build the sucessfull application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat clearly includes many 64 bit components, since it integrates with the 64-bit Windows shell and 64-bit Microsoft Office.

If you have a specific problem in using the Acrobat SDK I suggest you post the details in the Acrobat SDK forum, where you're most likely to find experts in this area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use it to download Acrobat pro DC directly.

Download Acrobat 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I update Acrobat to 64 bit from 32 bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't indicate what platform you are on, but all versions of Acrobat (and Reader) for MacOS since 2015 (DC, 2015, and 2017) have been 64-bit (except for part of the installation infrastructure which will be updated soon).

For Windows, Acrobat (and Reader) is currently 32-bit. No 64-bit version has yet been announced.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having Windows 10 OS and my computer is 64 Bit I want to install adobe photoshop then will i have to install 32 bit application or I can cut and paste the adobe file from program file(x86)[contains 32 bit application folders] to program files[contains 64 bit application folder] folder and install 64 bit adobe photoshop application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The topic here is "How do I change from 32 bit to 64 bit?" but it was cetgorized in the Adobe Acrobat support forum under "Install update and subscribe to Acrobat".

You should post this question in the Adobe Photoshop forums so that you can get better assisted with your question there.

But if it helps, Photoshop will install a 64bit version if it detects that your windows version is 64bit, and 32bit if Windows is 32bit. Even though it is possible to make the switch to 32bit mode, nowadays there should be no reason to switch back to 32bit unless you end-up with any special circumstances as described in this thread: https://www.quora.com/I-have-a-64-bit-operating-system-Windows-10-should-I-use-the-64-bit-Photoshop-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines