• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Crashes Instantly Upon OCR

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Acrobat Pro DC crashes instantly upon any attempt at OCR. The software is running on Win 10 and both the Adobe and Win software are fully up to date. I have unistalled and reinstalled the software to no avail. I called the chat center in India and was showered with a generous amount of abuse (which is another story). Can any one help with the software issue? Many thanks!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

We are sorry for the trouble caused and the unpleasant experience. As described above, Adobe Acrobat DC is crashing upon OCR, correct?

We need some more information for a better understanding:

• Is this a behavior with a particular file or with any file you try?
  • Is the file located locally on your computer or is it on a shared network? Please try to download the file to your computer and check.
  • As stated, the application is up to date, what is the version of the application installed? To check the version of the application please go to Help > Click, About Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and share the screenshot with us.
  • What is the workflow/steps you are doing for the OCR?

In the meantime, you may try the troubleshooting steps provided in the link - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html and check if that works for you

I hope this will help, keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal, I am hoping you or others can help. In response to your questions;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal, I am hoping you can help. In response to your questions: (1) Yes, Adobe Acrobat DC 2015 release (fully updated) is crashing upon OCR; (2) The behavior occurs with ANY and ALL OCR attempts, i.e., any and all files; (3) The failed OCR PDF files are all located locally on my PC; (4) The installed application is Adobe Acrobat DC, 2015 Release (Classic), 205.006.30503, File Version 15.006.30503.17462. Here are the workflow/steps I am using for OCR: (a) Open my Adobe PDF file on my fully updated Win 10 PC. PC; (b) Open "Tools" from the command ribbon on the top of the screen or from the right side of the screen; (c) open "Enhanced Scans", then open "Recognize Text", then click "In This File", then the program "appears to do OCR but immediately closes the file without any error message. Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please try to turn off the protected view and enhanced security and check if that works for you. Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat/Reader (Mac) > Preferences > Enhanced security > Turn off the protected view and uncheck the Enhanced security > Click OK > Restart the application and check.

Note: Turning off the security is for testing purpose only. Please turn on the security after testing, irrespective of the result.

If that works for you, please use the help article - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/protected-mode-troubleshooting-reader.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, I tried the suggestion without any luck. BTW, when I uninstalled the software and installed my really OLD Adobe Acrobat Pro (10), OCR works. I hope you have some other suggestions. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, 

We are sorry to see that the issue is still the same. Please try the following steps:

If the issue still persists,  Please install the process monitor tool https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon regenerate and the issue and record the process events and share the file with us .

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines