• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for Mac Silicon

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to download, install and run all of my design programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge, Lightroom). However, I am unable to find Adobe Acrobat Pro DC or Adobe Reader listed as available in Creative Cloud. I find it odd that I can run all of these programs except anything to actually read a PDF.  It says in the system requirements that they should run on the new Mac M1 through the Rosetta 2 emulator, but I can't find anywhere to actually download those two programs. Does anyone have any advice or knowledge on this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to download Acrobat DC, however I get the error that it is not compatible with Apple Silicon and it refuses to install. I was of the understanding that with Rosetta 2 I would be able to continue using Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

We are working to ensure that our apps are natively compatible with Apple Silicon devices, but do not have a release date yet. Apple Silicon devices ships with Rosetta 2, an emulator that enables ARM Macs to run Intel-based apps. Acrobat and Acrobat Reader will work on Rosetta 2 until they are available natively.

Acrobat and Acrobat Reader will run under Rosetta 2 emulation mode on Apple devices with M1 processors running macOS Big Sur. You may want to remain on your current macOS version or test in a non-production partition to ensure all your software and hardware is compatible.

For more information, please look at the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/mac-os11-big-sur-compatibility.html#WhendoesAdobeplantonativelysu...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader is not part of the Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand it is not part of CC; I am stating that even though we're told Acrobat will run under Rosetta 2 emulation, I cannot actually install Acrobat on my M1 Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update. Adobe contacted me back. Apparently Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Reader have issues on Big Sur. They said that if we want to use Adobe Acrobat, we would have to purchase a 2017 Adobe Acrobat Pro perpetual license for several hundred dollars. I said no because this is something that they will need to fix sooner rather than later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workaround is to just use Finder to open PDFs and keep my old laptop on Catalina in case I need to edit PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry for the delay in response and the unpleasent experience over the call support.

Please try to update the Creative Cloud Desktop application from the Help menu > Check for Updates and reboot the comouter once and then try again to install the Acrobat/Reader DC and check if that helps.

If it still doesn't work, please share the below reuested information:

- What is model of the Mac machine and the OS?

- What is the version of the Creative Cloud Desktop application? Go to Help > About Creative Cloud

- Do you get any error message? If yes, please share the screnshot of the same for better understanding?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines