Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro layout is different

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks in advance for any support.

I had Adobe Acrobat Pro installed on my old work laptop last year, and it looked like the first attached image, called old version. It looks more like your traditional installed program with the menu bar.

My IT department* just installed Adobe Acrobat Pro on my new laptop, and it looks like this, see image attached called new version. This gives more of an online vibe which I'm not keen on, and no menu bar. 

Is this how it should be? Did Adobe redesign it? I preferred the old version. Maybe people familiar with the 'new version' can tell me if this is a good thing and I just need to get used to this drastic new layout. Am I missing any features from the old version?

Many thanks in advance for any help that can be affored to me.

Thank you.

Paul

*I'm asking this forum because I don't think my IT department knows much about Adobe Acrobat, only how to install the programme so they won't be able to answer my query.

Old version.PNGNew version.PNG

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Can this be pinned to the top of the page instead of the Adobe employee "I'm sorry" reponses that are currently there? This was actually helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Hi All!

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to make Acrobat better, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change, however we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you are able to be more productive & get more out of Acrobat. With the new interface, we aim to:

1. Provide a simplified viewing experience that helps reduce clutter & optimise it fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the experience.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the feedback provided and will address them with the highest priority.

As you get more comfortable with the new interface, please contact us with specific questions on tools, features, or functionalities. We’re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Icebox, reading this just made my Monday morning!! Thanks for telling it like it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All said and done, have seen everyone icluding ADOBE, Microsoft, Facebook etc making changes to their platform without realising the difficulty it creates for the end users who have to spend extra time in searching for a particular thing. If you have to do something worthwhile, make the system better without changing the layout. It seems you are lost in the same address.

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a savage Adobe user and see no point of paying so much and getting back so little plus my time and headache to learn a new layout with meanlessness function when your old version allow you to modify, cut and paste in less than a minute. With the new layout, took me hours to cut and paste and can't even allow me to adjust the text font. I am loosen my patience with you....Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please no more updates.  It's not broken, don't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - this change is noticeably different and looks nothing like my other programs.  First off, the save button is on the right.  Which other program has a save button on the right - None! Then the menu's don't pop to the side so that everything is flush left or right.  This means, I have flushed info and then a box that sits there and doesn't actually hide.  Next, the toolbars that used to be easy to find are small and spread out.  What was the point?  I previously changed mine back to the old version, but for some reason now, it's forced the new version back.  Next time check first because this update is...nvm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, this beyond pisses me off!!!!

I have been using Adobe for years and just when I get used to a format you change!!! Why???? what the F_ck is wrong with the other one? Why cant I be given the opportunity to stay with the previous layout? I pay Adobe faithfully every month and now I have to take My VALUABLE TIME to learn another layout!!!

Why, just why?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do like all the rest of us.....revert by going to Menu\ Disable New  Acrobat......and pray they don't force the new illogical UI on us in the future 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sir, are my hero!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with the original post.  The layout of the new interface is horrible and confusing.  There was nothing wrong with the prior version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way too much has been done here, counter intutive. Cannot find my extensis pro plugins which I use all the time, so reverted to the old and better UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a link to a webpage that illustrates the changes between old and new? Like: it used to be here; now you will look for it here?

For example: where did the text attributes side pane go? I want to edit text!

UPDATE: OK, recent updates to the helpx files now show new interface explanations. This was not the case even late last year. For example:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/edit-text-pdfs.html

... explains the new interface when you want to edit text.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No guides or cross-reference that I could ever find. This is one of the
worst change implementations I've ever seen. I sincerely hope Adobe
abandons it and simply retains the old interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines