• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro LAYOUT TOTALLY AND AUTOMATICALLY CHANGED. NOW I CAN'T EDIT TOOLBAR ICONS??????

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would someone who works at Adobe please confirm that:
1)  The layout of Adobe Acrobat Pro has completely changed (for me on 1/17/24) and there is No way to edit the layout to look like it did before?   (It now takes more screen space for me to use Adobe Acrobat Pro.  I'd like to move the  Toolbar with the Icons from the New vertical orientation back to being across the top of the screen BUT  CAN'T!)
2) Is it true I can No Longer the Toolbar icons like I was able to before the change to the layout (for me on 1/17/24)?   (For example I'd like to remove the Draw Free Hand icon, I CAN'T!.  I'd like to reorder the Highlight selected Text icon, I CAN'T!)
3)  Please, please, please explain why, after the change to Adobe Acrobat Pro layout (for me on 1/17/24), that I can Not perform basic toolbar customization like I could before the layout change?
4)  Does someboday at Adobe think the above changes are an improvement?   THEY AREN'T!  

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restore the previous acrobat.

win: hamburger menu > disable new acrobat

mac: view > disable new acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH! The new layout was killing my time and driving me crazy, and no way to customize anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the change in the Adobe Acrobat Pro layout etc. (for me on 1/17/24) HAS RESULTED IN ME NOT BEING ABLE TO ADD Tools to the Toolbar.   

ADOBE, Do you test changes before implementing them?

I click the  "..." at bottom of the NEW vertical toolbar, then Customize Toolbar.  I have added the "Choose a color for the selected object"  (icon of paint can pouring to the right).  I Click Save at bottom, BUT THE ICON/TOOL IS NOT PRESENT IN MY Toolbar, i.e., THE CUSTOMIZATION DOESN'T WORK EITHER!

Please, please, please test before you change Adobe Acrobat Pro, which is an application I use frequently throughout the day! 

Does anyone have a solution that will allow me to change the color and transparency of the "Highlight selected text" tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, 

restore the previous acrobat.

win: hamburger menu > disable new acrobat

mac: view > disable new acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank goodness i cam across your solution! just got done sending a less than honorable post on how horrible this new toolbar layout is and completely ineffiicient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines