• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro views scanned PDF's as images only scans

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to figure this out for a while now. Once I updated my PC to Windows 11, none of my scanned documents are editable. When I click on "edit" the page will suddenly become crooked and it shows a small "image" icon at the top left of the page. If I click on the document to edit it, the entire page turns black. I am also not able to print within Adobe Acrobat anymore. When I try to print a document, it says "The document could not be printed" and when I click "OK" another box pops up and says "There was an error while printing your document." I have to save it and then I'll right click the file and open in Google Chrome and print from there. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything, even my printer. I would love to figure this out so I can start editing my documents and printing them once again. Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Elizabeth217617077zy2 

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble and the delay in response.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDf file and check.

What is the workflow/steps you are doing to create the PDF? I checked the PDF file you have shared and found that it is created using the application scanner system image conversion,  Please try to create the PDF as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/scan-documents-pdf.html and see if that works.

Also, I tried to print the PDF file on my end and it printed fine. Though the error 'Document could not be printed' has been reported to our engineering team and is being worked upon. The fix will be available in future updates.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to create a PDF by scanning into Acrobate, it says that no scanner can be found. Acrobat is the only application that cannot find the scanner. It is connected via USB to my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you use OCR on the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on "Recognize Text" the whole page turns black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it works for a lot of people but not on mine. That's why I think it's
an issue with my Acrobat and not my scanner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Elizabeth217617077zy2 

Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-scanner-issues-acrobat.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines