Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat problem with Proxima Nova Font

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

Could someone please help me? I opened a PDF file on Adobe Acrobat and it was written in Proxima Nova I had to make a few edits and noticed error boxes and some letters coming up invisible (see screenshots). 

How can I fix this? Is there a way to bulk fix as it is a 128 page pdf and the boxes and invisble letters are now throughout the document. 

Many thanks, Laura 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Do you have the Proxima Nova font installed on your system? Acrobat does NOT use any embedded fonts for editing. They must be available on your system. Also, be sure to get it from the same source. Different foundries can put out different fonts with the same name. Usually the differences are minor, but just enough to screw up layouts randomly.

Once you do have the font, you'll need the pro version to do a mass fix. It's in the print production -> preflight tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Proxima Nova font installed on your system? Acrobat does NOT use any embedded fonts for editing. They must be available on your system. Also, be sure to get it from the same source. Different foundries can put out different fonts with the same name. Usually the differences are minor, but just enough to screw up layouts randomly.

Once you do have the font, you'll need the pro version to do a mass fix. It's in the print production -> preflight tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your guidance! I have the font on my system and have the Pro version. What are the next steps in preflight tools? I just want to fix up the error boxes and invisible letters on all the Proxima nova paragraphs - some of my headings are in another font. Is this possible? 

Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 19.31.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 19.59.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When this has happened to me, I run 2 fix-ups that usually do the trick. Under PDF Fixups -> Embed missing fonts and Fix potential font problems..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines