Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Profesional Cannot Be Launched At This Time

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2007 Apr 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the following error message,

Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional cannot be launched at this time. You must launch atleast one other suite component (such as Adobe Photoshop) before launching Acrobat 8 Professional

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably a silly question, but did you do what the message said?

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2010 Aug 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have done what it sais and it doesnt work. ive opened every single adobe cs3 program i can and nothing, ive removed the folders suggested and ... nothing. ive tried to reinstall acrobat and it for some reason tell me to put in a indesign cs4 disk (that i dont have). ive searched forums for the last 3 hours and tied tried every solution suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yea I mean Acrobat works if I open up Photoshop but is this the new standard? Surely you don't need to open up Photoshop everytime you want to use Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it only works if Photoshop is not only started, but still running?
Stop Photoshop and Acrobat won't work any more?

This sounds more like something intended to be done once.

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you launch Photoshop, are you prompted to enter a serial number or registration data? What version of the Creative Suite do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd agree with Aandi. It sounds like it should only happen the first time you launch the Creative Suite so it can verify that you're activated. (Acrobat can't check activation.) If it's happening every time, there's something wrong. You may have to call Adobe Tech Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering why I dont have an activation button in Acrobat 8. It is part of the CS2.3 suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 8 lacks an activation feature. It's just not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just keeps happening, I have to have Photoshop open all the time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why dont you call Technical Support tomorrow. Sounds like an installation problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2007 Apr 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've entered a serial number and successfully activated any of other the Creative Suite products then it should work correctly. If it doesn't, then you definitely need to contact tech support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2007 Jun 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same sort of "error" ..
Adobe EPIC_APP cannot be launched at this time. You must launch at least one other (such as Adobe Photoshop ...'
I had Adobe Acrobat 8 (pro) and dreamweaver 8 installed, both worked fine.
Then I uninstaled DM (but left Acrobat untouched) to install "Adobe CS3 Web Edition"
And that's were the problem started.
Even with "Adobe Photoshop" running, it seems Acrobat won't run anylonger
I really have no clue, exept to try to uninstall Acrobat one more time?
(please reply helpfull hints to Joris@JorisHermans.be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2007 Jun 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I just installed Adobe CS3 Web Edition last week but did not uninstall DW8. I did this on two machines and only one machine is having the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2007 Jun 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I get the same error message: "Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional cannot be launched at this time. You must launch atleast one other suite component (such as Adobe Photoshop) before launching Acrobat 8 Professional"

any suggestions or work-arounds? thanks, larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2007 Jun 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this...

Make sure no adobe apps are running. navigate to "/Library/Application Support/Adobe" and move the Acrobat, Adobe PCD and Adobe PDF folders to the desktop, then launch Acrobat. You'll have to enter your serial number again, but you should launch sucessfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried the ..."navigate to "/Library/Application Support/Adobe" and move the Acrobat, Adobe PCD and Adobe PDF folders to the desktop, then launch Acrobat. You'll have to enter your serial number again, but you should launch successfully." It finally prompted me for the activation but tells me the serial number is invalid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

went from angry to totally p.o'd. now none of my adobe products work. message says to unintall and reinstall. total waste of my time. i guess ill just grin and bear it and work in Quark today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have/had the same problem. The posted fix resulted in Acrobat not accepting my CS3 registration number and breaking the other apps. So I returned the three folders I removed from the Application Support folder. The other posted fix didn't work either. VERY frustrating.

A fix that has worked so far is I used a Time Machine backup of a previous version of Acrobat 8.1 to copy the app over to the Acrobat folder. This slightly older version of the app. works fine (so far). Not a perfect fix, but a functional one. And this suggests the culprit causing the problem is a recent update.

Adobe, where are you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2007 Jun 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This method works fine ! Thank you very much MarkATS !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2007 Jun 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, seems like there was no other sollution than a complete uninstall of all adobe apps (dreamweaver, acrobat, photoshop) ..
This uninstall took OVER 4 hours!!!
Reboted the box, reïnstalled the complete suite ... and after the first AutoUpdate (I only selected the Acrobat updates), seems like whole problem started over again.
This time, I only performed an uninstall of Acrobat (which took over 20 hours!!!), rebooted my box, and installed Acrobat (from a stand alone CD, not from the Web Suite). I didn't perform the update and so far, so good, Seems like the problem is solved.
So for myself, I would like come to the conclussion that the problem originates in one of the adobe acrobat patches?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2007 Jul 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MarkATS, should we keep the 3 folders that we moved to the desktop, or do Acrobat and Distiller recreate them? In other words, can they be deleted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2007 Jul 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Acrobat is working now, you can delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2007 Jul 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MarkATS, I'm unable to locate that path on my computer (i'm using Win Vista Ultimate 32bit). Are there any other alternative paths and can you please give me the full path to the location of those files?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2007 Jul 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rpatel,

You're in the Mac user forum. You might have better luck in the Windows forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines