Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Profesional Cannot Be Launched At This Time

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2007 Apr 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the following error message,

Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional cannot be launched at this time. You must launch atleast one other suite component (such as Adobe Photoshop) before launching Acrobat 8 Professional

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just moved the cache.db from the Adobe PCD folder to the desktop, restarted Acrobat and it requested the Serial Number (It also created a NEW cache.db)... I cancelled out and placed the original cache.db file into the Adobe PCD folder overwriting the new cache.db. I restarted Acrobat once again and it started up without a hitch :)

Hope this helps someone, with NO re-install required! hehe :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2009 Mar 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work Around: Well, this happens to me because i haven't activated adobe pro yet. Instead, (this only for PDF files) I just choose the program to open a pdf, which is just reader itself not the pro. There shouldn't be any warning message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Twice now I have gotten this message on two different machines in our building. One yesterday and another today.

Yesterday I tried what was outlined on Adobe's own help page for this topic but neither suggestions worked. I had the same experience most posts here have outlined, with moving the suggested files and entering my serial number again it claimed it was invalid. I didn't bother to try the CS3 cleaner. I'm not looking forward to having to reinstall about 10 copies of Acrobat if Adobe doesn't fix this before it happens to anyone else here.

My fix: Uninstall and reinstall Acrobat Pro and only Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has released a new patch for Acrobat 8 which will update it to Acrobat 8.2.4 from Acrobat 8.2.3

. Try installing that patch, it will fix the issue. Works fine for me.

All the best!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give that a try should it pop up again, but I'm not sure why (so far), that I saw, this update doesn't appear in the Adobe Updater.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One could always try manually by running "Help > Check for updates" inside the Adobe Acrobat/ Reader application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2010 Aug 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMFG!!! I've done everything in every forum I could find. This is seriously effed!!! One suggestion was to download the 8.2.4 update and guess what, that's the update that caused all this, so when I try to run the install it says it's already installed. Going to the Help menu from inside the program is impossible if you get the message that you can't launch Acrobat, right? Or am I a ruh-tard? I'm not F@$KING going back in my Time Machine to get an older version. Adobe, just give us the right patch, for God's sake! I paid for a product I can't use at the fault of the company who created it. It wasn't worn out or broken. I was sent an update that killed my productivity and now you're costing me time, money and clients. Get this fixed or there's no way I'm upgrading to the new CS. ...ever! ...oh, and also because if you don't, I will murder you with my bare hands and teeth!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 25, 2010 Aug 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your anguish is reasonable. Unfortunately, in order to reach to the solution one needs to go back to a previous version (using Time Machine is a quick way). Adobe has already delivered the fix by way of a new patch (to be applied on top of 8.2.3) available from the download link http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4767. Alternatively, once you have gone back to a previous version and able to launch Acrobat 8 Pro, then you could also try doing "Help > check for updates" as that will be more seamless.

Hope that helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2010 Aug 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i do not have time machine. can some please walk me through (or point me to someplace else) unininstalling and reinstalling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 26, 2010 Aug 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the AcroFix824_Delivery.dmg as mentioned in http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/861/cpsid_86169.html and it fixed the issue.

No need to uninstall/reinstall Acrobat .The solution is working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2010 Sep 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me too, Neelam Y! Well done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2010 Sep 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 8.2.4 installed and it does not help. When I put my serial number in it does not recognize it as correct. What a waste of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2010 Sep 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have/had the same problem. The posted fix resulted in Acrobat not accepting my CS3 registration number and breaking the other apps. So I returned the three folders I removed from the Application Support folder. The other posted fix didn't work either. VERY frustrating.

A fix that has worked so far is I used a Time Machine backup of a previous version of Acrobat 8.1 to copy the app over to the Acrobat folder. This slightly older version of the app. works fine (so far). Not a perfect fix, but a functional one. And this suggests the culprit causing the problem is a recent update.

Adobe, where are you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems you were functional as you found a workaround by moving to 8.1. Why dont you try updating to 8.2.4? It worked fine for me after Adobe posted a new patch.

btw, here is the download link http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4767 . I had used "Help > Check for updates" from Adobe Acrobat 8 (part of CS3 Suite) instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2010 Sep 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved for me by using the patch mentioned here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/861/cpsid_86169.html

Adobe needs to update this page:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/400/kb400590.html

and add information about that patch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2010 Sep 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thank God!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2010 Sep 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soberol — response #63: Thank you so much. It works. Follow all the threads and just think about how many hours of hundreds of people's time have been wasted on this insane Catch22. But, thank goodness the link in #63 fixed up my problem in about 2 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 11, 2010 Sep 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, and launching Photoshop doesn't help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2010 Sep 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this  http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/861/cpsid_86169.html .It will solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2010 Sep 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I downloaded the stand alone version of AcroFix824, and the problem was fixed.

Message was edited by: Gary Politzer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines