• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader .PDF opens TOOOOO LARGE!!!!

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have one .pdf that opens way larger than the window for some reason. If I go into "view" and click on "fit width" it looks fine, but after saving it like that, it reopens too large again when I reopen it. It's only this one .pdf and I'm wondering how I can get it to open window-sized permanently. Any help is greatly appreciated.

By the way, I'm on a Mac.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you go to File->Properties, and select the Initial view tab, what does it say?

BarlaeDC_0-1678797568240.png

as you might be able to change it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thanks for replying to my question. I do not have an "Intial View" tab. I just updated it, and this is the version I'm running. Is it because I'm not running the "Pro" version?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option is not available in Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there any way to keep this .pdf from opening wider than the screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the settings at Accessibility in the preferences of Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can see from your screen shot that this is a huge PDF - over 23 x 14 inches. Every PDF has a size in inches even if you don't intend to print it. That's why it opens so large. Reader can't fix this, it's not an editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the responses. Okay, so now my question is, is there any way to fix this document so it opens and looks normal and not oversized?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot fix the file or change its settings, because you aren't paying. But there is one thing you can try.

IF this is always the SAME file - not a similar file, the same size - then you can try changing one setting in Preferences under Documents; Restore Last View Settings When Opening Document. It is supposed to rememember your zoom settings for each separate file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines