• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat stops (ADA/Accessibility/Remediation) of remaining pages in Document. HELP!

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at the end of the remediation of a 17-page PDF document.
I was able to tag 10 of the pages. I still have 7 pages left to tag and correct the tag order in order to pass my accessibility test.
I have cleaned up all automated junk tags. The overall file size is 3.1mb. But again, I keep hitting a wall with tagging. I have also done the following...
1. I have cleaned up all automated junk tags

2. The images are all optimized.
3. The Adobe Acrobat program has been deleted and reinstalled. I am only utilizing H, P, B and Artifact tags in the document. 

NOTE: The Acrobat DC Program tends to crash at times while tagging.
Thank you. And please VOTE in all elections. Our only voice.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Scan documents and OCR , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Clarity Adobe Community, I need a fix to this problem with remediation tagging and the program clunking out on me. Thank you again and don't forget to VOTE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, before you read the rest of this, know that accessibility can be fairly overwhelming when you first start out. I can see from your tag structure that you might be missing a few key basic concepts about tag structure. Please take what I am about to say with all the love I can put forth. You need some additional instruction. I am happy to donate my time to guide you in the right direction if you want. 

Some of the things that need addressing in this document:

1. <Artifact> is not a tag that belongs in the tags tree. It should only exist in the Content Panel. 

2. You have a link (QR) with no associated content. 

3. The Acrobat checker shows a lot of errors. This document needs quite a bit of work.I am guessing you tried to autotag the document because it even tried to create a form field.

4. You have <LI> items with no Parent <L> structure.

5. You have list elements tagged as headings

6. You are skipping headings. You have to stay in order.

There are a lot more things I can point out but I think you get the point. Accessibility is a process. It takes a bit to get it all together. I would be more than happy to help point you in the right direction. Feel free to reach out here or on LinkedIn - Dax Castro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Dax Castro. I will reach out to you on Linked In. 
I am new to this process and must learn this new skill to stay relevant. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines