• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat - Submit Form - Export Data to Excel (On SharePoint, if possible?)

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title says it all, but we're hoping to create a Submit Form button that will send the form data to an Excel .XLS document in our SharePoint (webserver).  We're looking into Web-forms in our Adobe Sign Enterprise account but that also has limitations.  Please consider this issue and let me know if you have insight and we could possibly meet to discuss.  Thank you!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

As described, you to create a Submit Form button that will send the form data to an Excel .XLS document in our SharePoint (webserver)

Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/setting-action-buttons-pdf-forms.html  and see if that works for you.

Additional information: You may also check out the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/publishing-interactive-pdf-web-forms.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amal,

I've seen all this, however, I cannot seem to make the FDF file open in any kind of a workable format or send it to SharePoint to which we'd like that data to add to a currently existing spreadsheet.  

Thank you for any more information you can share!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have a technical person available that can code a solution for you, you can automate to do the following:

1- set the data to be sent as HTML (this will send the data as field1=somevalue&field2=anothervalue...

2 - the data is passed to your web server as a raw stream of hex data. Decode the data from Base64 hex and then parse the query string

3 - save these parsed values to your excel file based on the field name. It might be easier to save as a CSV rather than XLS

Hope this helps.

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you gather up the returned forms/data, you can export the data into a spreadsheet. 

It's not automated but probably could be with either Actions or a script.

image.png

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you David,

I've seen that too, however, we're looking automate this as much as possible.  I think you're right that it will end up being a Javascript button but we're still looking for the path of least resistance.  Currently, I'm looking into Web Forms in Adobe Sign and Power Automation.  

If you have any experience with those tools I'd love to talk more about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, can't help much there. 

Another possibility might be the Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) forms. 

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/AEMForms/6.1/WorkbenchHelp/WS92d06802c76abadb-1cc35bda128261a20dd-7f50....

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines