Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Tag Tree

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been building an interactive form on Adobe Acrobat Pro, and have been using the tag tree to ensure the document is accessible to screen reader users and that all text/editable fields read in a logical order.

When using the tag tree, the piece of text selected (e.g. <P> or <H1> or <H2>) highlights in a purple box. This enables you to know which part of the form you have selected so that you can move it around the tag tree accordingly.

For some reason, this tool has stopped working and I can no longer see the purple box around each highlighted piece of text. I have tried closing adobe acrobat pro and restarting it, and have tried opening an earlier version of the document- neither have worked so far, is anyone able to suggest anything or help at all?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Acrobat is known to "forget" how to highlight the content with the magenta box. For me, I simply close Acrobat and relaunch it and it seems to recover from amnesia. Doesn't happen a lot, may be one or twice out of a hundred PDFs.

But if the magenta highlight isn't showing after that, check to ensure that the option is "on" to show the highlight.

From the Tag Tree's Options menu (upper left corner), select Highlight Content (it's toward the bottom of the menu). Should have green check next to i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also to confirm, I have not edited the actual PDF itself at any point, aware this can cause tagging issues. The PDF was built to spec in Word and converted to Adobe Acrobat and I have only made ammendments to the tag tree and have inserted editable fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is known to "forget" how to highlight the content with the magenta box. For me, I simply close Acrobat and relaunch it and it seems to recover from amnesia. Doesn't happen a lot, may be one or twice out of a hundred PDFs.

But if the magenta highlight isn't showing after that, check to ensure that the option is "on" to show the highlight.

From the Tag Tree's Options menu (upper left corner), select Highlight Content (it's toward the bottom of the menu). Should have green check next to it, and it should be sticky: that is, it will stay checked until you uncheck it no matter how many PDFs you open or close.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou so much!

This was the fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help!

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines