• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat X Pro "not responding" when try to select a scanner for creating a PDF --

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with the desktop application Adobe Acrobat X Pro, which was installed via a CD-disk.  I utilize the program, mostly, for creating PDF documents, in utilizing the "create a PDF from scanner" option.  In which case, I scan documents into the program via a Fujitsu fi-6670 scanner.  The Adobe product was running incredibly slow and, last week, crashing each time that I tried to save my PDF files.  Thus, I tried to both "repair" and "reinstall" the application via the original CD.  Further, I attempted to clear all cache from the application as I read that these things might help me to reach a solution.  Though, I now am not able to re-connect to my Fujitsu scanner, thus do not know whether or not the problems with Adobe are truly solved.  In fact, I am able to open Adobe easily and click on "create a PDF from scanner."  Then, it brings up a message which states "Multiple scanner drivers detected.  Please choose a scanner."  At that point, I click "ok" and it brings up the Configure Presets window in which I am suppose to connect to my Fujitsu scanner.  Though, each time I click on the Fujitsu option, my Adobe program stops responding and I must close the program entirely.  The weird thing is that my scanner works perfectly fine in another application and Adobe does not stop responding if I choose one of the other scanner drivers (even though, there is no related scanner connected to my computer for these).  If someone understands my problem, please let me know what I might be able to do to fix this.  I truly need this program from my job and it has been a very frustrating ride thus far.  Thank you for anticipated responses/assistance.  I hope to resolve my issues ASAP.Acrobat​Creating PDFs​

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your version of Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines