Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat XI Pro won't recognize deactivation

New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am switching laptops.  When installing my XI Pro onto the new laptop I made sure to deactivate my license on my old laptop prior to adding in the license to the new installation.  I even took a screen shot of it saying that I have successfully deactivated and can now use Acrobat XI Pro on another computer.  HOwever, on my new laptop, although the install was successful and I can use it, I keep getting a message saying my serial number is already in use by the maximem allowed computers and I need to deactivate a computer within 29 days to use the product.  Every time I click on "Retry activation. I have already deactivated on of my other computers" it gives me the same message.My only other option is to provide a different serial number, which I do not have.  This license was only on my old laptop.  There is no other computer with it.  I am concerned that I after 29 days I won't be able to use my Adobe again.  Any suggestions? 

Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's only one solution: Contact Adobe directly and ask for an Activation Count Reset. They might try to tell you that the product is not supported, which is true but unrelated. They still can and should perform this action for you, and then you'll be able to use it. Also don't let them send you back to the forums as the people here can't help you with this issue, only they can. Good luck!

PS. After installing and activating it make sure to also install all available updates and maybe try running it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS, like Windows 7, to increase the chances of it working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion!  Any chance you know how to contact Adobe?  I cannot find a phone number or support email anywhere. Any help or contact us page brings me to this community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

General help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
Chat support: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone support: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Beware of people contacting you via the forums' messaging system pretending to work for Adobe! Only those with an "Adobe Employee" tag under their name are legit. Also, Adobe will never offer to contact you via Skype, or use an email account that's not under the adobe.com domain...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great!  Thank you so much for your help! 

And thank you for the warning.  It is good to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to thank you again!  I actually got to speak to a person and they fixed the issue. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good to hear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I contacted support and they said they could not offer an Activation Count Reset despite that fact that I was trying to reinstall Acrobat XI on the same system (on which Windows had crashed). They had lots of excuses but refused to fix this. After escalating my complaint they only offered a discount on the upgraded/new subscription. I have no choice to accept but think this was a PATHETIC response from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines