• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe DC is not creating my Bates-numbering log file

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe DC is not creating my Bates-numbering log file. I am 100% positve that I checked the "create log file" in the output options.   If I uninstall Adobe and reinstall it, it works - sometimes.   Is Adobe working on fixing this issue?  Any work arounds - other than constantly uninstalled the program?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

For what it's worth, I was having the exact same issue and found that it resolved itself once I unticked "Enable protected mode" under Preferences > Security (Enhanced)

For me it was also not creating action report logs for OCRing either, and that was also resolved with the sanme method.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen S,

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.11.20039 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and reboot the computer again.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and check.

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Karen,

Thanks for contacting us.

In order to investigate further, Please share below details :-

- Are you on latest Acrobat version(21.11.20039 ) ?

- Whether you are facing this issue recently from 11th Jan (with the new Acrobat update) ?

- OS details ?

Thanks,

Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. The Log File is not generating. I am working with Adobe Acrobat 20.9. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I am updated and using 22.001.20169

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this issue, too. I am using the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC on the latest version of Windows 10. When applying Bates numbering, I open the "Output Options" window, check "Create log file", and then click OK. If I click "Output Options" to open that window again, the "Create log file" checkbox is no longer checked. Even if I check the box and proceed with Bates numbering without re-opening the window, Acrobat doesn't create the log file. Specifying a location for the log doesn't fix the issue. Can you refer this bug to your developers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For what it's worth, I was having the exact same issue and found that it resolved itself once I unticked "Enable protected mode" under Preferences > Security (Enhanced)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue. The computer I'm using is new (& therefore the Acrobat DC install & preferences).

Windows 10, running Acrobat Pro DC version 2022.002.20191

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been dealing with this issue for over a year. Most Adobe reps do not know what bates numbering is or that it can create a log. We are actively looking into other document management/editing software that supports all functions of their software. 

I received instructions below for a temporary fix to the issue. For those that need a bandaid fix that lasts a day or two see below:

Please try the following steps to resolve the issue and install the application. For more assistance, you can also contact us at https://helpx.adobe.com
  1. C:\Program Files\
  2. C:\Program Files (X86)\
  3. C:\Program Files (X86)\Common Files\ If it doesn't let you delete this one, open the task manager and end task the two adobe genuine processes and the creative cloud, CCX Process, CC Library and Core Sync.
  4. C:\Program Data\ If you don't see this folder, click on View at the top and then check hidden items.
  5. C:\Users\Yourusername\Appdata\Local\
  6. C:\Users\Yourusername\Appdata\Roaming\
  • Please use Shift + Delete on the keyboard to permanently delete the Adobe folders.
  • Please press the Windows key and R key on the keyboard at the same time and then type in regedit and press ok.
  • On the left go to Hkey_current_user/Software/Adobe and delete the Adobe folder under Software
  • In the windows search at the bottom left type in CMD and then right click on it and run as administrator.
  • Now type in net user administrator /active:yes and press enter.
  • Restart the computer.
  • From the Windows sign in screen, click on Administrator at the bottom left and then sign in.
  • Please open this link and download the Acrobat Pro DC installer for Windows : https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html
  • Please go to your downloads folder and find the file called Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI.zip
  • Right click on that file and then click on Extract and then extract all. Then open the Adobe Acrobat folder and run the setup.exe, third from the last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it was also not creating action report logs for OCRing either, and that was also resolved with the sanme method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines