1. Enterprise users, please consult your IT.
2. Re-creating the Acrobat preferences restores application settings to their default.
Note: The AppData folder is hidden and may require adjustments in File Explorer settings to gain access. Please refer to a Microsoft Article: “Show Hidden Files”, for assistance.
Note: Exporting the DC registry key is a backup for customer preferences. Suppose the issue reoccurs after resetting registry preferences, and the customer wishes to revert to the previous settings. In that case, they can delete the new key in the registry location, double-click the backup file, and import it again. This should restore Acrobat to its previous state.
Did you find it helpful? If so, please share your experience by joining the conversation here. We value your feedback and are eager to hear from you!
We pay for your crappy products and should not have to be tech wizards to make it work. That is the job of you geniuses at Adobe. Why be respectful? You do not respect your customers. I'm paying monthly for a product I can't use, but documents come to me in PDF that I can't read any other way that I know of. I also have to be abe to edit them. I'm not 20 years old anymore and do not want to learn a new profession (IT tech.) So fix your damn program yourself. For 35 years I put out fires and rescued puppies when people called. I did not tell them to put out their own fires or to ask the "community" to do it. Because I was a professional.
You are so right. Thank you for expressing my feelings as well.
Whether using a free version or paid, we shouldn't have to fix their bugs !
Having to use 7 or 8 steps to utilize a tool the use to set on top is ridiculous.
Change for change sake is normal these days. That is why I seldom update unless the program stops and I am forced to.
I normally keep one compute offline all the time to prevent unwanted updates.
By following the "logic" that you apply to Adobe: if you were a real professional there should be no fire.
It's stupid reasoning.
By reading your post 'JR' you have single handedly lowered the potential of humanity and won the imbecile of the internet for today!
Thanks. Worked like a charm.
I found no preferences folder, but simply deleted all files in the DC-folder under Acrobat in the path you describes
I guess this setting has been moved. It was working for me until something happened and settings weren't taking effect anymore. Deleting the temp folder files didn't help but I found and renamed this registry setting from DC to DC1 which did the trick for me.
You're the king! It works!
After a short time (two more openings) the error come again. But after i delete the DC-Part in the registry (instead of rename) it works.. hmm..
Wht worked; how to do pls..thx