• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Keeps Asking Me to GET ADOBE READER NOW!

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received an email with a PDF Portfolio. I am trying to open the PDF Portfolio. When I click the link to open the PDF Portfolio, I get asked to GET ADOBE READER NOW!

I actually have Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader installed already but I still keep getting the same message. I have not been able to open the PDF Portfolio.

So I went with GET ADOBE READER NOW! and tried installing ADOBE READER and once that was finished, I was asked to restart. I restart, open my email, click for the PDF Portfolio and AGAIN, I am asked to GET ADOBE READER NOW!

Has anyone else had the same issue and know how to resolve it?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you open the email in a web browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried opening in web browser and also outlook. Its the same either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a full-window screenshot of this message, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jj727_0-1644568562411.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save the file first, and then open it using either Acrobat or Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's not enough to just install Acrobat Reader. You have to be using it to do the work. Browsers, email apps are different. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought about that. But because the PDF portfolio has been emailed as a hyperlink, how do I save it as a file? I tried the 'download' button (you can see that option in the screen shot above also). But the message I get is again, GET ADOBE READER NOW! (see screenshot below after hitting the 'download' button).

jj727_0-1644573156609.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the download open the file in Acrobat Reader. The screenshot doesn't show Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem with no solution found.  I have to send documents through docuSign and the recipient gets that ridiculous download Adobe reader prompt which is useless.  I just want to combine and send.  I do not want to use portfolios's.  Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already had Reader and Acrobat installed and it still forced me to install Reader again with NO option to decline the security package. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went through this - but as the maker of that Portfolio. Anyone I sent it to got the dreaded "Get Adobe Reader Now!" image. 

What I was told is that "portfolio" is basically a secured PDF - meaning that the person putting together the PDF on Adobe Acrobat chose this over making a "Binder" because they have checked a dialogue box that pops up during combining files. IF they uncheck the box that is above "turn all images into PDF", then it will make a Binder instead of a Portfolio. The Binder PDF will open without the "GetAdobe Reader Now!" image/advertisement/redirect

Hope this helps... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A portfolio is not more secured than a regular PDF binder in any way.

If you're getting this message it means you're trying to open it in an older version of Reader (or Acrobat), which is not going to work since Flash Player has been discontinued and many portfolios used that technology, unfortunately.

Your only options are to convert the Portfolio file to a regular PDF binder (using a stand-alone tool, like this paid-for one I've created, for example: https://www.try67.com/tool/convert-portfolio-pdf-to-normal-pdf), or to install the latest version of Reader DC and open it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice try trying to get me to shell out 50.00 for your tool.   I was never forced to create a portfolio in the past when combining multiple pdfs to one file because of similarly named fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sad for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines