Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF Converter/Printer

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

I'm looking for a solution to lock Adobe PDF Printer Settings. 

The settings like ("Add Dokument information", "Rely on system fonts only") are often reset after some updates.

Are these settings saved in registy or any .ini file? 

Rerards,

Jaroslav Rudenko 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the settings in the Printers Control Panel. This is where you set the defaults to be used each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 50+ computers. I don't know which Update reset these settings. I would like to control these settings via GPO/registry/config files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of a way to set printer driver settings externally. There probably is a way, but it isn't a simple one. Just, for example, finding a registry key is no use because the registry key will vary according to the order and number of printer drivers installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think you will find a better answer than mine, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every software setting is saved somewhere, right?
ini-File, Registry key, Driver...
if it's a new location with each update, not so bad. It will still be possible to distribute new settings centrally, rather than manually on many clients' devices.

There are tools such as Adobe Customization Wizard and Adobe Distiller which can be used to configure the installation file. But these settings are thrown off by the updates.

Unfortunately, you didn't give me an answer, you just expressed your opinion that you have no idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually I have researched this; I did not say I have no idea. Yes, it's saved probably in the registry. When I last researched this I found that it is a printer driver property, and therefore stored by Windows in the appropriate location for the printer driver. What makes this virtually impossible is that the print driver properties are stored in order by Windows device driver support, with generated keys, so the registry keys are potentially different on each machine.  The properties are, I believe, stored as an undocumented BLOB containing all driver related properties as well as Windows' own properties. There is an API to retrieve these properties (perhaps in the Windows DDK), but nothing to crack them open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines