• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF editor sucks

New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Want to reduce paper by removing e=xtraneous crap on a PDF, tough crap says adobe. Remove picture, still half a lage hole I cannot remove or or reduce, want weird uneditable bars that pop out and no way to remove, we have that for you! Clean up formatting and make a 2 page bunch of poop a nice single page, easy to read document, hell naw, you go buy expensive software for that. Adobe does none of it. Glad I dropped 100+ dollars on DC to zip, zilch, zero of what I want. You bet your ass I won't again!

TOPICS
Cancel subscription , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bayine,

Sorry but while I do feel your pain, I also (apparently) have a better understanding the overall mechanics and structure of the PDF. The fact that we can do ANY of this editing in a PDF is truly remarkable. I've been working with PDFs since the very beginning and what we can do now is truly amazing. 

You have to understand that Acrobat is not a page editor program. It's primary focus is to distribute digital copies of media to a wide variety of platforms containing a wide discrepancy of page sizes, fonts, etc. 

If you really really really want to edit the content of a page to the degree that you want, you'll have to go to the original page creation program that made it. If you want to change a word here or there, you can do that with Acrobat.

However, here's one big tip: PDF pages made from websites: Go to a website called "Print Friendly" and do what you have to do to get the Print Friendly link integrated into your browser. Now, when you see a web page you want to make a PDF out of, without leaving the page, select the Print Friendly link. Now you will see your web page with more of a focus on layout and you can click on an add and delete it. You can click on any of the content and delete it. Then when you print or PDF the page, you will NOT have any empty spaces. The one negative I've seen with this is that sometimes (seldom in fact), it will remove images that you may want even before you get achance to decide if you want them or not. Despite that, this is pretty cool.

But again, Acrobat can no more do that than your car can fly and we've been promised flying cars for what, over 50-60 years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe, but i have used many pdf editors that easily do this. its embarassing. Im ditching Adobe for bluebeam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is easier to edit a pdf online via https://www.sejda.com than using Adobes own tools (on WIN10). On Mac everything works like a charm but on WIN... oh man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind sharing a screenshot?

Is kind of hard to assist without a visual.

Also, in which version of Adobe Acrobat is this happening, and which operating system are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I second that the whole thing is just so dumb that I am sure a bunch of idiots made it.

I type and when I save everything I typed is gone.

I chose black but when i draw is grey.

Can't get worse than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines