• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF Printer Windows 10 vs Windows 7

Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the PDF printer, having recently upgraded to a Windows 10 laptop.

We currently produce a important document which I print from Excel to PDF. I used to print this from my Windows 7 laptop and was happy with how the page looked on the output. (See attachment Windows 7 Print).

However when I print the exact same excel document on my Windows 10 laptop, the page appears a lot bigger and stretched, whilst the content is shrunk. (See attachment Windows 10 Print).

I've ensured that I've kept the same settings on the printer, but this is still a problem for me. The page needs to look the way it did when printed from Windows 7. I have a feeling this may be due to embedded fonts from reading elsewhere but I'm yet to find a solution.

Thanks in advance for your help,

D

TOPICS
How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please try the following:

1. Set the print area from the file menu.

2. Simply save the Excel file as a PDF using the Save as option from the File menu.

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Unfortunately that method has given me the same problem in terms of look on the page. Also the "Save as pdf" option usually gives me quality issues on borders/diagrams/tables, whilst the print to pdf option doesn't.

Surely this must be an issue with the how Windows 10 is using the Adobe PDF Printer function if the print is different when I use Windows 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not print to PDF nor Save As PDF for good results. You should use the Acrobat ribbon added to Excel. 

However, one difference I notice is that the Windows 7 file is a4 while the Windows 10 file is US letter. Since Adobe PDF is a printer driver you must choose the print size carefully. Clearly it will look different on a different page size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I have snipped the print settings I have on the Adobe PDF Printer from my Windows 10 laptop. It showing as printing to A4?

Excel Size SettingsExcel Size SettingsPDF Printer Settings Windows 10PDF Printer Settings Windows 10

Not sure why it would be printing to US Letter sizing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You left out a crucial detail: What version of Acrobat are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro. On both laptops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that's crucial, as I said. Acrobat 9 (actually, only 9.5 onwards) is compatible with Windows 7, but not with Windows 10, so problems are to be expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even if it's working otherwise, Office apps do have a very specific feature to switch between A4 and letter size in printing. Maybe the relevant option is set differently. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/284867/printer-uses-the-wrong-tray-when-both-letter-size-an...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines