• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Pro Issue with Combining Word file

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Pro DC and bought a subscription for this program. Up untill couple weeks ago everything was fine but now when i try to use the combine function and wnat to combine Word file into pdf the program does not do it. It dosnt not finish the process at all. the Progress bar never completes. I have left it for couple hours and still does not do anything. 

Earlier this was never an issue the word files were being combined within couple seconds and no issues. 

Can someone please help on this.

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate Experiment , Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following:

1. Convert the first file to PDF. (Try eventually both, the Save As PDF and the Save As Adobe PDF)
  2. Convert the second file to PDF.
  3. Combine the files.

Please note that this is just to find out if there is a problem in one of your files. I suspect that the first one has issues converting to PDF. The steps indeed simulate, what Acrobat does (except that Acrobat won't use Save as to create the PDF files).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the problem as both files and also all my other files do do convert from Word to PDF. I am talking about the problem that recently started when we put Word douments in the abobe to combine to a pfd. This was not an issue earlier. I have been using this software for couple years now and it was all good untill recenly.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Vish IMM 

++ Adding to the discussion

Have you started experiencing this issue recently?

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and then try again.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.08.20555 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and check 

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines