Adobe RdrCEF has stopped working / Bad_module_info

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, 

we have some problems using Acrobat Reader (x86) on some clients (Win10) since some months. 

Some of our users getting regularly the error message "Adobe RdrCEF has stopped working". Some of them get additional the microsoft error message "Bad_module_info".

Updating Acrobat Reader and microsoft windows, also reinstallation of Acrobat Reader do not bring any improvement. 

Exceptions in Windows Defender are also useless (Resolve errors related to the AcroCEF/RdrCEF processes of Acrobat/Reader (adobe.com)

 

Are there any ideas to solve the problem? 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

242

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mario, did you ever end up finding a resolution for this? We are having the same issue.

 

Thanks!

Dan

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dan, it seems, that we found a soulution for some of our users. We are using SAP an there we updated the GUI and switched browser control from default to MS Edge. 

 

 

 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting... We use SAP as well! Any chance you can guide me on how you did this??

 

Thank you!!

Dan

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These type of module errors are usually related to dynamic link libraries (.dll)  not properly registered in their respective 32bit and 64bit folders.

 

Sometimes a uninstall and reinstall of the program can fix the issue, but in other occasions you may need to manually register the conflictive dll's in the respective folder. 

 

See how to in this link: https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/register-dll-file-in-windows/

 

You may also need to check if all Visual Studio, .Net or C++ redistributables are missing (for whatever reason) or conflicting; in which case follow these additional tips:

 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you a lot for your answer! i will try your ideas 🙂 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines