• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe reader DC (red) - acrobat DC (black)

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both on my desktop. What the difference? Do I need both?

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

good point,,,thx a lot.

k

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The difference is hundreds of dollars. Reader is free, Acrobat is not. Acrobat does a lot more for your money. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Adobe web site to see all the features of both Rader and Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader is an excellent PDF viewing/printing application.  Acrobat Pro does all of that, plus the ability to create, edit, make accessible, and so much more.  If your workflow is opening, viewing, filling out PDF forms and printing them only, Reader is awesome.  If you have the need to create and edit PDFs, Acrobat Pro is your tool of choice.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thx, so I can uninstall Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, I would keep Reader installed (along with Acrobat Pro) if you have the real estate to do so.  The rational is that you could test how your PDFs (created and edited in Acrobat Pro) will look and function (forms, etc.) for folks who have only Reader.

I hope this is helpful.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good point,,,thx a lot.

k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anytime!  🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I've been using Acrobat (black) for a while now and suddenly it started asking me to sign in and give a serial number of my product.  So I then downloaded Acrobat Reader DC (red).  It worked for a while but now asks me to subscribe and pay, and none of the features work now.  I need to combine files.  I thought this was free?  I never paid for Acrobat (black) either, so what's happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines