Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI Assistant Not Visible on Acrobat Desktop

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Community!

With the new release of the AI assistant feature,  I do not seem to have access to the feature on the dekstop version of Acrobat, considering I'm a creative cloud user. The feature however does appear on my laptop and on the web version (see video). I'm not sure if I'm missing a step in the activation process or if this is a known issue with a workaround.

Here are the details:

- I am using the latest version of Acrobat Desktop.
- My operating system is windows 10 pro, and it's up to date.
- I've checked the application settings, but there doesn't seem to be an option to enable the AI assistant.
- I've also tried reinstalling Acrobat Desktop, but the issue persists.

Has anyone else faced this problem? If so, how did you resolve it? Are there specific settings or updates required to enable the AI assistant feature on Acrobat Desktop? Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help and support!

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the direct link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and see if that works.

For more information about the generative AI please check out the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/generative-ai.html

Let us k

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Right, English version. This was the issue for me. You can change that yourself. See my instructions in "AI Assistant in Adobe Acrobat & Reader not showing on desktop version"

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/ai-assistant-in-adobe-acrobat-amp-reader-not-showing-on-desktop-version/m-p/14496570

(Adobe won't let me copy/past messages)

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've just purchased the AI Assistant add-on. It is available for Acrobat Reader (good for student budget). I have a Mac OS V14.5. The links given by Amal for download are for Acrobat Pro so that doesn't apply to me. 

I paid for the montly subscription and downloaded Acrobat Reader and it wasn't showing on my end after download and after signing in. It's not showing on my Preferences either. It's May now thinking it should be ironed out. I followed all the steps as described by Amal. 

I'm still lost how to enable the AI on Acrobat Reader. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seconding this (I have an Acrobat Pro subscription and no AI features are visible on the desktop app). Unsure whether it's due to limited rollout, something to do with the subscription, or a technical issue. Any advice would be much appreciated as I have uninstalled and cleaned Acrobat numerous times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jett37579639rrpn 

I went through so many downloads and deletion. I ended up calling the customer technical support by phone. After using remote support, my AI assistant is now working in Acrobat Reader Mac. It took a while to troubleshoot but it was a good outcome in the end. Best to call instead. My Tech was very helpful. All the best 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, I referred to 'preferences' as you need to set your language to english for the AI assistant to show up. Also make sure you have the most updated version of the Adobe reader. If so it should show up in the top right when you open a document and you should have a category of it in the 'preferences'

Loren36742251r2bl_0-1716563305486.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all those settings in place and still not visible. Mixed messaging from Adobe on whether it's exclusively available for people with Individual subscriptions (as opposed to a subscription through Enterprise), and whether you NEED a subscription or if it comes with your Pro subscription.  As my account is an Enterprise account, I've had to contact my administrator for clarification. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, English version. This was the problem for me. You can change this yourself.

Preferences>Language>Apllication Language>Choose at application startup>Restart & choose English>Open a document> wait a bit>Notification should appear in the toolbar asking to restart Acrobat> Restart> Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, English version. This was the issue for me. You can change that yourself. See my instructions in "AI Assistant in Adobe Acrobat & Reader not showing on desktop version"

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/ai-assistant-in-adobe-acrobat-amp-reader-not-show...

(Adobe won't let me copy/past messages)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2024 Aug 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me the problem wasnt the language settings since I was already at English. I had clicked on the "Disable new Acrobat" option in the Menu tab. After I reverted back to the new Acrobat by clicking on Menu-"Enable new Acrobat", then I was able to locate the AI Assistant in the "See all tools" link. Afterwards, and not related to my inital problem of not finding the AI Assistant, I aslo checked "Enable Generative AI feature in Acrobat" in Menu-Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines