Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI Assistant Not Visible on Acrobat Desktop

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Community!

With the new release of the AI assistant feature,  I do not seem to have access to the feature on the dekstop version of Acrobat, considering I'm a creative cloud user. The feature however does appear on my laptop and on the web version (see video). I'm not sure if I'm missing a step in the activation process or if this is a known issue with a workaround.

Here are the details:

- I am using the latest version of Acrobat Desktop.
- My operating system is windows 10 pro, and it's up to date.
- I've checked the application settings, but there doesn't seem to be an option to enable the AI assistant.
- I've also tried reinstalling Acrobat Desktop, but the issue persists.

Has anyone else faced this problem? If so, how did you resolve it? Are there specific settings or updates required to enable the AI assistant feature on Acrobat Desktop? Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help and support!

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the direct link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and see if that works.

For more information about the generative AI please check out the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/generative-ai.html

Let us k

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Right, English version. This was the issue for me. You can change that yourself. See my instructions in "AI Assistant in Adobe Acrobat & Reader not showing on desktop version"

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/ai-assistant-in-adobe-acrobat-amp-reader-not-showing-on-desktop-version/m-p/14496570

(Adobe won't let me copy/past messages)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must use an English version of Acrobat 23.008.20533 (Pro or Standard, not yet available in Reader) and you must use the new UI.

You can see if it's enabled in Preferences:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response! 

However, I do not have that feature in the preferences on my Acrobat pro desktop version (see attched screenshot).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This product I know is in beta but I tried to explore this today and this is what I got (see attached image). 

Under what conditions will this product work under? The file I used was .pdf, lol.  

AI-Assistant-Falsestart.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as your file is under 25MB and less than 120 pages, the AI asisstant will analyse your document. I assume that in your case, you've had a blank file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Aspectful Not true but maybe because product is beta. I had  a file 2mb with 34 pages. I've tried with many others of various sizes but under your limits but no acceptance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  "Generative AI" simply does not show up in my preferences.  I installed the latest Adobe Acrobat Pro today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the direct link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and see if that works.

For more information about the generative AI please check out the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/generative-ai.html

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amal. This product is working on my machine now but let me show you some results. I know this is a work in progress...

Working-Ai-Assistant.jpg

Working-Ai-Assistant1.jpg

Working-Ai-Assistant2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried those troubleshooting steps but, unfortunately, did not see a change.  The AI Assistant button does not appear and there is no "Generative AI" under my Preferences.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this issue after following these steps.  Could it be that the Beta has simply not rolled out to me yet?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Thank you for your response and providing the relevant troubleshooting steps. 

I can confirm that the issue has now been resolved!

Many thanks,

Mehrdad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how has it been resolved... I still am not seeing this ai assistant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you remove the application using the cleaner tool? Also, restart your system before installing the application using the direct link, and that should resolve the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did every step. I can not see the AI Assistant button on top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It finaly worked, I need to erase by "hand" the folder Acrobat AC in my C:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did every step, but I can't see the AI Assistant botton and there is no "Generative AI" on preferences menu.

I have a Windws 10 pro workstation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that it only works if Acrobat is installed in the English language.

When will it work with other languages?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

For information about the generative AI please check out the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/generative-ai.html

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultnx2zr5xia018 Beta only supports English. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I have tried everything for months and THAT WORKED!! I had to search for the "Acrobat AC" file in APPDATA and then delete it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This solution did not work for me. I am on a macbook pro Sonoma 14.1. I do not see the option in preferences either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I could not figure out why it would not appear on my laptop, but did on my other PC. And thanks to you I realised it was literally just because the version on my laptop was not opened in English. If any Adobe employees read this, I would suggest mentioning that the document needs to be set in English :).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, do you mind sharing where I can set mine in english? I tried all the steps provided, still not working. I'm using macbook air Sonoma 14.4.1. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think by now it has become a premium only feature. But, you change the languague under -- preferences (so whatever thats called in your language) --> language. You can find preferences in the desktop app by clicking on your icon profile top right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines