• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All groups of radio buttons are grouped together, and deleting/renaming one deletes/renames all

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I am using Acrobat Pro Continuous Release, version 2024.002.20857 64-bit.

I have a PDF that I've converted to a fillable form with auto-detection of fields. This mostly worked, but I need 3 separate groups of radio buttons across 2 pages.

The first group works fine.  I get "Group 1" in the Fields page, and under Group 1 I see "Choice 1, Choice 2, and Choice 3".

The problem comes when I try to make the second group.

The group is also Group1, with choices Choice4, Choice5, and Choice 6. I can only select one of choices 1 through 6, despite them being separate groups.

Renaming either group, or deleting either group, has the same effect on both.  

How do I have more than one group of radio buttons?

Thank you!

radio button groups problem.jpg

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat , PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the group name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to rename the individual widgets in the group, not via the Fields List pane on the right, but by right-clicking the fields on the page and selecting Rename Field, or going into Properties and then editing the Field Name under the General tab. Only after you do that would they become a separate group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines